Solution

Unlocking Galaxy S6

jackhenson
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi There

I have my unlock code details from vodafone:

Here is your code 39575319

1. Remove SIM card from the handset and turn phone back on 2. Switch the phone off and then on again with no SIM in the handset and then enter the following: #7465625*638*NUC# 3. The handset should now be unlocked 4. When entering a non VF SIM, if the handset displays a message asking for a password enter the NUC

However, it does not make sense. I have a Galaxy S6 and I can't type letters - NUC on the keypad to complete the code. I then thought that maybe I'm supposed to put the code at the top in replacement of NUC, and nothing happened. Also after all this, I reloaded my phone with the new SIM anyway, and it says "Network PIN blocked. Please enter PUK code". My friend put his SIM in and the same thing happened to him. So, I got PUK codes from Virgin Mobile AND Vodafone and still none of them work.

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards

Jack H

119 REPLIES 119

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Brisk I'm sorry to see your device is still locked to our network, after the 10 day period. 

So we're able to look into this further, please reply to the last email you've received from our team. 

If you're able to look into it further, why don't you just look into it further? Why are you making me run round in circles like a parent trying to catch a naughty child to make them do their homework?? 

Your lack of respect for your customers is baffling. You must know you're driving business away with your constant incompetence. If you hadn't thrown so much money at Martin Freeman, maybe you could have used it to drag your customer service department up to the dizzying heights of 'average'.

The response is always "we'll look into this for you".  The solution is well known, at least by customers, and documented in this thread; which is how old? 

Still awaiting my NUC code for my Galaxy 6. I applied 17 days ago, filling in the NUC form as instructed. I've since contacted Vodafone for online chats that took 60 minutes then 30 minutes.  The info online states it takes up to 10 working days to receive the NUC code. This is very misleading. I've emailed them 4 times, and received coputer generated stock replies.. I was out of contract a month ago, wasn't informed, so I've had to pay another month's rental (which includes paying for a phone which had been paid off the month before .Grrrrr) as I wasn't aware in time to sort out a new phone. My new sim card now awaits, and my final payment sees me leave Vodafone on the 21 February.  My concern is I won't receive my NUC code by then ,and as I'm self employed I can't be without a mobile phone.  Any suggestions what else I can do? (this master code plus NUC code is rather confusing, although I have been supplied with a PAC code). 

HERE'S THE LATEST FOR FORUM INFO

My phone is now unlocked after 17 days, and apparently after 10 days ( of an expired contract that is) I didn't have to enter a NUC code.  I was only informed of this today. Aaaaargh. 

Even if you get the NUC code, it won't unlock your phone unless they also give you the master code which you need to use first.  The NUC team won't provide you with the master code.  You have to go to the NUC resolutions team and hope that you get someone who understands this issue.  Might better to just pay for the codes from another supplier, as others have done, if you can't get this resolved before you have to pay again.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Brisk These codes can vary, so yes we do need you to contact us privately so we're able to look into it further. We also require account/personal details, which we wouldn't want you to post on a public forum as this would compromise the safety and security of your account. 

@hughdunford We do look into this for people, on a case by case basis as these codes can differ from customer to customer. Apologies if you think this is repetitive, but there's no other way we're able to go about it here on our Community forum. 

@grabagran If it's been over 10 working days, your device should now be unlocked. As we'll need to access your account to assist further, please contact us using the link in my private message.

Alex,

The problem is that for the more recent Samsung phones Vodafone has used a 2-tier network locking approach.  Unfortunately,  very few Vodafone staff have been trained on this so do not know how to resolve it.  Instead, customers are told that they just need the NUC.  Customers are sent round in circles and have to be VERY persistent until they get to someone who does understand the problem and the need for two codes.  Given that there are many Samsung handsets now using this two-step locking method, why isn't Vodafone training it's staff on how to respond correctly and swiftly?  

My phone is now unlocked after 17 days, and apparently after 10 days ( of an expired contract that is) I didn't have to enter a NUC code.  I was only informed of this today. Aaaaargh. 

Hi grabagran,

So... Just to clarify, what DID you have to enter? Getting this information from Vodafone seems nigh-on impossible. Hughdunford seems a lot more clued up than anyone at Vodafone. They should maybe employ him.

Please could you send me your link for master code, I too am going crazy trying to get this issue sorted.