main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Unlocking Galaxy S6

Brisk
2: Seeker

If you're able to look into it further, why don't you just look into it further? Why are you making me run round in circles like a parent trying to catch a naughty child to make them do their homework?? 

Your lack of respect for your customers is baffling. You must know you're driving business away with your constant incompetence. If you hadn't thrown so much money at Martin Freeman, maybe you could have used it to drag your customer service department up to the dizzying heights of 'average'.

View more options
hughdunford
4: Newbie

The response is always "we'll look into this for you".  The solution is well known, at least by customers, and documented in this thread; which is how old? 

View more options
grabagran
1: Seeker

Still awaiting my NUC code for my Galaxy 6. I applied 17 days ago, filling in the NUC form as instructed. I've since contacted Vodafone for online chats that took 60 minutes then 30 minutes.  The info online states it takes up to 10 working days to receive the NUC code. This is very misleading. I've emailed them 4 times, and received coputer generated stock replies.. I was out of contract a month ago, wasn't informed, so I've had to pay another month's rental (which includes paying for a phone which had been paid off the month before .Grrrrr) as I wasn't aware in time to sort out a new phone. My new sim card now awaits, and my final payment sees me leave Vodafone on the 21 February.  My concern is I won't receive my NUC code by then ,and as I'm self employed I can't be without a mobile phone.  Any suggestions what else I can do? (this master code plus NUC code is rather confusing, although I have been supplied with a PAC code). 

HERE'S THE LATEST FOR FORUM INFO

My phone is now unlocked after 17 days, and apparently after 10 days ( of an expired contract that is) I didn't have to enter a NUC code.  I was only informed of this today. Aaaaargh. 

View more options
hughdunford

Even if you get the NUC code, it won't unlock your phone unless they also give you the master code which you need to use first.  The NUC team won't provide you with the master code.  You have to go to the NUC resolutions team and hope that you get someone who understands this issue.  Might better to just pay for the codes from another supplier, as others have done, if you can't get this resolved before you have to pay again.

View more options
Alex
Administrator

@Brisk These codes can vary, so yes we do need you to contact us privately so we're able to look into it further. We also require account/personal details, which we wouldn't want you to post on a public forum as this would compromise the safety and security of your account. 

@hughdunford We do look into this for people, on a case by case basis as these codes can differ from customer to customer. Apologies if you think this is repetitive, but there's no other way we're able to go about it here on our Community forum. 

@grabagran If it's been over 10 working days, your device should now be unlocked. As we'll need to access your account to assist further, please contact us using the link in my private message.

View more options
hughdunford

Alex,

The problem is that for the more recent Samsung phones Vodafone has used a 2-tier network locking approach.  Unfortunately,  very few Vodafone staff have been trained on this so do not know how to resolve it.  Instead, customers are told that they just need the NUC.  Customers are sent round in circles and have to be VERY persistent until they get to someone who does understand the problem and the need for two codes.  Given that there are many Samsung handsets now using this two-step locking method, why isn't Vodafone training it's staff on how to respond correctly and swiftly?  

View more options
grabagran
1: Seeker

My phone is now unlocked after 17 days, and apparently after 10 days ( of an expired contract that is) I didn't have to enter a NUC code.  I was only informed of this today. Aaaaargh. 

View more options
Brisk

Hi grabagran,

So... Just to clarify, what DID you have to enter? Getting this information from Vodafone seems nigh-on impossible. Hughdunford seems a lot more clued up than anyone at Vodafone. They should maybe employ him.

View more options
StewC
3: Seeker

Hi @hughdunford. I've been reading through this post as I have the same issue with my S6 and you appear to have a good understanding of the problem and how it can be resolved. How do I actually get in contact with the NUC resolution team though. Is there an email address, private message address or do I have to wait for someone at Vodafone to read my posts and eventually reply? Many thanks,  Stewart

View more options
hughdunford

You need someone at Vodafone to give you the email address.  I've tried to post it here before but it won't let me.  If you need it quickly try calling Vodafone support, they will be able to give it to you.  When you contact the NUC resolutions team, make sure you give the full details as per my earlier post, including the requirements for the two codes.  You get a standard response by return, but they usually come back properly 1-2 days later. 

View more options
StewC
3: Seeker

Thanks for the reply and your previous updates, very helpful. 

View more options
H1963

Please could you send me your link for master code, I too am going crazy trying to get this issue sorted.

View more options
Tash

We'll be happy to help with your code @H1963.

I've sent you a private message with details to get in touch with our team directly.

A member of the team will be in touch to help once we receive your details :Smiling:

View more options
ak91

Hello,

I have the same issue with my Galaxy S7 Edge, Vodafone provided the NUC, but it does not work and I am being asked to input the Sim Network PUK. I am already abroad, and my roaming has already cost me 40 pounds within 2 days. I am have sent 3 emails to NUC Resolutions team and still waiting. It seems the only way is to get the so-called master code. 

Can one of the forum moderators please assist? I will be abroad for 2 weeks and there is no way for me to keep using my Vodafone SIM. 

Thank you

View more options
63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @ak91 this looks like you have input an incorrect code in too many times, try contacting livechat and ask for your PUK, I unlocked an S7 yesterday no problems, part of the problem could be that you are overseas and Vodafone dont guarantee an unlock will work when abroad. 

I put a non vodafone sim in, the message came up to input NUC which I did (8 digit number) and the unlock went through no problem.

View more options
hughdunford

If it's asking him for the 'Sim Network PUK' he needs the master code to input first; it's nothing to do with inputting a code too many times.  This is pretty standard on most recent Samsung phones locked to the Vodafone network and was confirmed to me by Samsung.

View more options
63johnw

@hughdunford as I sated in my post, I unlocked an S7 yesterday, the poster is trying to unlock an S7+, and I only had to input the NUC, there were no other requests, I dont know if this is the same for an S6 but there was no PUK request or master code request, anytime I have been requested to input a PUK it is due to incorrectly inputting the phone unlock pin.

View more options
hughdunford

I've had this issue with an S6 Edge and an S8.  Vodafone kept insisting it was a PUK issue and that I needed an unlock code from the new sim card provider.  This was incorrect and it took several weeks and calls to Samsung to confirm that 'Sim Network PUK code' is an issue with Vodafone locked Samsung phones and not the sim card.  Samsung told me to persist with Vodafone and eventually I was given the phone master code to input before the network unlock code.  This is standard with most recent Samsung Vodafone phones.  I don't know why this wasn't an issue with your phone, but the important thing for anyone who sees  'Sim Network PUK code'  is that they get the phone master code from Vodafone.  The sim PUK code will not help.

View more options
63johnw

Several of my colleagues are all busy changing from vodafone to EE and have had to unlock several S7's and no one has had any other messages apart from the NUC request. 

I have just watched another colleague who has just upgraded on Vodafone unlock his personal S7 edge and only had to input the NUC, no other request for a PUK. So its not all recent Samsungs, not sure why this is happening ??

View more options
hughdunford

Maybe the S7 is different, no idea why.  However, whatever the phone, the issue is only when the user sees the message  'Sim Network PUK code' .  Most Vodafone staff seem to think this means the PUK code has been input too many times, but this is incorrect.  The only resolution if this message comes up is to get the phone master code.  This was confirmed to me by Samsung.  The network unlock resolutions team can help with this, if you get the right person in the team who understands the issue! 

View more options