Solution

Unlocking Galaxy S6

jackhenson
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi There

I have my unlock code details from vodafone:

Here is your code 39575319

1. Remove SIM card from the handset and turn phone back on 2. Switch the phone off and then on again with no SIM in the handset and then enter the following: #7465625*638*NUC# 3. The handset should now be unlocked 4. When entering a non VF SIM, if the handset displays a message asking for a password enter the NUC

However, it does not make sense. I have a Galaxy S6 and I can't type letters - NUC on the keypad to complete the code. I then thought that maybe I'm supposed to put the code at the top in replacement of NUC, and nothing happened. Also after all this, I reloaded my phone with the new SIM anyway, and it says "Network PIN blocked. Please enter PUK code". My friend put his SIM in and the same thing happened to him. So, I got PUK codes from Virgin Mobile AND Vodafone and still none of them work.

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards

Jack H

119 REPLIES 119

Could someone at Vodafone help me with this?  I've been communicating with nucresolutions for 2mths and no joy.  This is getting ridiculous!!  Thanks

We had that too. I've been a customer for years (since my first mobile) and have given my S6 to my son after upgrading to an S7. Vodafone kept sending unlock codes which didn't work. I ended up paying to have the phone unlocked locally. The chap did it in 40 minutes. Very frustrating! And no resolution with Vodafone, so I'll be looking elsewhere when my contract ends. 

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @gee505 and @mez8828 we're more than happy to help out with your queries. Please get in touch via the private message I've sent you both. 

I got no help, only several codes which didn't work. I got my phone unlocked in town, which I'm highly unimpressed at having to do after paying for a two-year vodafone contract.

That's shocking.  After all this time Vodafone seems to be denial about this problem and shows incompetence in its ability to manage it.  Having put the 2-step locking in place. it doesn't take a genius to realise that the support staff need to be informed and trained on how to unlock the phones.

nucresolutions finally seems to have resolved it - with the 2 step locking process.  In case it helps anyone else in what to ask for this was their email to me (IMEI number removed).  You should ask for the relevant codes for your IMEI number:

For IMEI Number: xxx

Request you to follow the below procedure to unlock your handset for once:

1. Restart the phone with the new SIM Card inserted
  2. You should be prompted for an unlock code
  3. Enter the master code (02028205) and press unlock
  4. The phone will display “Network Unlock Request Unsuccessful”
  5. Enter the NETWORK UNLOCK Code (16258625) and press unlock
  6. The phone should display “Network Unlock Successful”

Great that you've finally been given the correct codes.  Unfortunately, the codes seem to be specific to each phone; but the procedure is the same!  At least there are some people at nucresolutions who understand the problem.

shoulodnt that read:

4. The phone will display “Network Unlock Request Successful"

as opposed to 'unsuccessful'

Getting the same errors as others. 

I have my nuc code from Vodafone for my galexy S7 however still need the master unlock code and a few attempts from staff online and in store have not been able to provide any help. 

Please can someone at Vodafone  message me so I can get the MUC 

After literally dozens of back and forth and Vodafone saying they had to get it from Samsung, I was finally supplied with the master  unlock code which DIDNT work after all that.

I suggest anyone having problems with unlocking save their time and sanity and just unlock it via any of the online  unlocking sites or your friendly local phone repair store