Solution

Unlocking Galaxy S6

jackhenson
2: Seeker

Hi There

I have my unlock code details from vodafone:

Here is your code 39575319

1. Remove SIM card from the handset and turn phone back on 2. Switch the phone off and then on again with no SIM in the handset and then enter the following: #7465625*638*NUC# 3. The handset should now be unlocked 4. When entering a non VF SIM, if the handset displays a message asking for a password enter the NUC

However, it does not make sense. I have a Galaxy S6 and I can't type letters - NUC on the keypad to complete the code. I then thought that maybe I'm supposed to put the code at the top in replacement of NUC, and nothing happened. Also after all this, I reloaded my phone with the new SIM anyway, and it says "Network PIN blocked. Please enter PUK code". My friend put his SIM in and the same thing happened to him. So, I got PUK codes from Virgin Mobile AND Vodafone and still none of them work.

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards

Jack H

119 REPLIES 119

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Jonny_528 and @Sbrierley we're more than happy to help with your queries. We have the ability to contact the NUC team directly. Please send us your details by following the steps on the private message I've sent you. 

tried this and it said unsuccessful

Andyrsv
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi. Trying to get mine and my wife's Samsung S6 phones unlocked. This has been going on since July . I have the nuc codes....don't work.  Several hours on different occasions online help telling me its the sim.  Its not. No sims other than Vodafone sims will work in these phones. I've tried several from different networks and all work fine in my cheap Chinese phone.Went to the Vodafone store they didn't know . Tried an online service but the failed and gave a refund. Went to a shop who unlocks phones and charged an extortionate amount only to give me the same nuc codes that I already have. They now say the phone needs a puk not for the sim but for the phone itself....which I need to get from Vodafone..... Message on both phones "sim network Pin blocked. Enter sim network PUK". So please help.

Hi Andy

It's the exact same issue for me. I believe there may be a problem with the phone itself. My phone said SIM pin blocked, even though I have never had to enter a pin in the past!

Clearly, nobody knows what this is and how to tackle the problem. Both PUK codes from both mobile providers do not work.

Jack

Jack Henson

Finally after months managed to get it unlocked. A company in Canada remotely accessed my phone through my PC. The recovered the nuc , which I already had but more importantly the Unfreeze code. I then entered both these codes, while the guy was online ..and it worked after a couple of goes. It cost $40 and going to do the same tonight with the other phone. Not cheap but the amount of grief I was getting from my wife for downgrading to J5 phone's from Virgin....its worth it. Don't know why Vodafone couldn't help. The shop even told me to drive 60 miles to the nearest Samsung shop for them to sort it. [MOD EDIT: Removed external link]

Viet12

I'm also in need of the master code as I keep getting the message that I need the "SIM network unlock PUK code". I've tried with the NUC code on two different SIMs and it doesn't work. How do I get the master code? 

A very good question I only wish I could answer. For me at last the Social media team have finallt told me;

"We've taken your request on board and we'd like to escalate this further for you.

Please await correspondence from ourselves to advise on next steps".

However that was one week ago, heard nothing since.

The NUC team can provide the master unlock code.  Whether they do or not depends on whether you're lucky enough to get a response from someone who understands the issue.  If you're unlucky you'll be sent round in circles.  If you don't get someone who understands the issue, cope and paste the response that I posted earlier in this thread that shows the full process, as described by someone in the NUC team.

lamperg

oh, i think about this,thanks

costa009

Thanks i have use this phone....