main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Unlocking Galaxy S6

2: Seeker

Could someone at Vodafone help me with this?  I've been communicating with nucresolutions for 2mths and no joy.  This is getting ridiculous!!  Thanks

View more options

We had that too. I've been a customer for years (since my first mobile) and have given my S6 to my son after upgrading to an S7. Vodafone kept sending unlock codes which didn't work. I ended up paying to have the phone unlocked locally. The chap did it in 40 minutes. Very frustrating! And no resolution with Vodafone, so I'll be looking elsewhere when my contract ends. 

View more options

Hi @gee505 and @mez8828 we're more than happy to help out with your queries. Please get in touch via the private message I've sent you both. 

View more options

oh, i think about this,thanks

View more options

I got no help, only several codes which didn't work. I got my phone unlocked in town, which I'm highly unimpressed at having to do after paying for a two-year vodafone contract.

View more options
4: Newbie

That's shocking.  After all this time Vodafone seems to be denial about this problem and shows incompetence in its ability to manage it.  Having put the 2-step locking in place. it doesn't take a genius to realise that the support staff need to be informed and trained on how to unlock the phones.

View more options

nucresolutions finally seems to have resolved it - with the 2 step locking process.  In case it helps anyone else in what to ask for this was their email to me (IMEI number removed).  You should ask for the relevant codes for your IMEI number:

For IMEI Number: xxx

Request you to follow the below procedure to unlock your handset for once:

1. Restart the phone with the new SIM Card inserted
  2. You should be prompted for an unlock code
  3. Enter the master code (02028205) and press unlock
  4. The phone will display “Network Unlock Request Unsuccessful”
  5. Enter the NETWORK UNLOCK Code (16258625) and press unlock
  6. The phone should display “Network Unlock Successful”
View more options
4: Newbie

Great that you've finally been given the correct codes.  Unfortunately, the codes seem to be specific to each phone; but the procedure is the same!  At least there are some people at nucresolutions who understand the problem.

View more options

shoulodnt that read:

4. The phone will display “Network Unlock Request Successful"

as opposed to 'unsuccessful'

View more options

Getting the same errors as others. 

I have my nuc code from Vodafone for my galexy S7 however still need the master unlock code and a few attempts from staff online and in store have not been able to provide any help. 

Please can someone at Vodafone  message me so I can get the MUC 

View more options

After literally dozens of back and forth and Vodafone saying they had to get it from Samsung, I was finally supplied with the master  unlock code which DIDNT work after all that.

I suggest anyone having problems with unlocking save their time and sanity and just unlock it via any of the online  unlocking sites or your friendly local phone repair store

View more options

Hi @Jonny_528 and @Sbrierley we're more than happy to help with your queries. We have the ability to contact the NUC team directly. Please send us your details by following the steps on the private message I've sent you. 

View more options

I have exactly the same question as we discussed in this thread.

Therefore, they now require the code Defreeze / MCK / Master Control key to unlock my Samsung note 8.
My contract is fully paid and I would like to be able to use this phone with my new network provider.
I have tried unsuccessfully to call several times that it is frustrating. By the way, I aleady have the code NUC.

View more options

@reformar04 I'm sorry to hear you're having problems unlocking your phone and using this with another provider. We'll be more than happy to take a closer look into this for you and ensure it's unlocked as soon as possible 😊 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us. 

View more options
3: Seeker

Hi Vodafone moderators.

I'm facing the same error (Sim network pin blocked. Enter sim network PUK) on my 2 Samsung Galaxy S8 devices.

I was already given the NUCs by Vodafone but I need the MASTER codes for both devices.

As per instructions on this forum, I sent 2 emails to NUCresolutions but can you speed up the process? I don't want to wait several weeks for such simple solution.

Thanks in advance.

View more options

As we'll need access to your account to look into this @consta77, pop us a Private meesage through Facebook or a direct message on Twitter, including your full name, mobile number and a link to this post and we'll be happy to look into this for you 😊

View more options

Good day Moderator, I have the same the issue of being prompted for the SIM network Puk or to be clear, the master code . I have already received the Network Unlock Code (NUC). Please advise on best way forward to retrieve this information. Phone is an S6, Model: SM-G920F.

View more options
Administrator
Administrator

Hey @Amlin - we'll need to access your account to get this raised to our NUC team. Find out how to get in touch here.

Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

View more options

Thanks i have use this phone....

View more options

Hi I need the same thing can someone help me been trying for more then 8mthw but nothing I did it matter pls someone help me as I need to travel with it, many thanks

View more options