Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking Samsung Galaxy S7 edge

Memoryg
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have received the NUC from Vodafone. I have followed the instructions provided, however, upon inserting the sim from a different network, I am being told the SIM network PIN is blocked. Enter SIM network PUK. I am feeling very stuck. Please advise

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

May I ask if the alternative network sim card is activated i.e connects to mobile data etc @Memoryg  ?

If it is them this sounds like you also need a MCK mastercode also known as an unfreeze code as well as the Nuc which is sometimes needed for a Samsung phone.

You will need to ring 191 or use Live Chat or ask the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  for this needed code.

Please be specific and ask exactly for the MCK mastercode  / unfreeze code.

At the moment your phone is confusing itself when asking for a Puk as this is only needed if a person turns on their sim pin security feature and forgets the 4 digit pin and inputs it too many times. It has nothing to do with unlocking the phone to all networks.

Stay Safe.  🌈

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandofBrothers, thank you so much for your advice. I have done exactly as you have said and Vodafone said they can only give me a PUK code. If I need the MCK code, I have to contact Samsung. This was after a good hour chatting with the agent. Now I am even more frustrated than I was.

BandOfBrothers

@Memoryg wrote:

@BandofBrothers, thank you so much for your advice. I have done exactly as you have said and Vodafone said they can only give me a PUK code. If I need the MCK code, I have to contact Samsung. This was after a good hour chatting with the agent. Now I am even more frustrated than I was.

You're very welcome for my reply @Memoryg 

A PUK isn't needed here to which the agent should know this !

Also the agent should know that Samsung Customer Services wouldn't engage with you over unlocking a Network locked Samsung phone.

They wouldn't supply you the Mck mastercode.

In which way did you contact Vodafone for the agent to give you this advice may I ask ?

I urge you to contact Vodafone via the Social Media Teams as they are fully aware of what the differences are between a PUK and MCK Mastercode.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.