Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking a Galaxy S7

Mrsgus
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My older son has given his phone (samsung 7) to my younger son as he has upgraded. My younger son has an EE pay monthly sim card. When you turn the phone on it says SIM network pin blocked. Enter sim network puk. I have the puk code from EE but it is saying incorrect. I have also had an unlock code sent from Vodafone and have tried using that instead but it is still saying incorrect. How can I unlock the handset so that it will take the EE sim?

8 REPLIES 8

T_Scarface_M
16: Advanced member

Hi there,

If you need to unlock your phone to be used on another Network, you'll need an NUC (Network Unlock Code).
You can get this by completing our NUC form.

Once this is complete you should be able to use the SIM from EE in the Samsung S7.

Hope this helps.

I have already been sent a NUC code which isn't working. The message that comes up when you turn the phone on is saying Sim network pin blocked and is asking for the Sim network puk. I've entered the puk code which came with the sim card but it's saying incorrect. 

T_Scarface_M

Hi Mrsgus,

My best advice at this point would be to get in touch with our customer care team on 191. It will need to be the account holder of the phone who has to call in to discuss this particular handset and unlock request. 

It sounds like it is a problem with the NUC. THey will be able to sort something out for you.

Hope this helps.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mrsgus We'll need to look into this further for you and make sure we get you the right code 😊

So we can access your account and get this resolved, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us. 

My stepson contacted customer services in the end and was on hold for almost 2 hours while being passed around to various people. He was then told to call into a shop for help with it as none of the codes we've been given have worked.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mrsgus - I’m sorry to hear how long he was on hold for.

We want to help and we can look into why the Network Unlock Code you’ve been given, isn’t working.

Please send us your details by following the steps in the private message @Colleen sent to you (If the account isn’t in your name, please ask the account holder to contact us).

Hi,

Did you ever get a solution to this? I have the exact same problem. Vodafone S7 contract has ended, we have the NUC code, but when inserting an EE sim card we simply get asked to enter the PUK code (not the NUC).

The EE card works in other phones fine, so it isn't locked. It seems to be the phone that's the problem. Vodafone refuses to help in store now as I'm technically no longer a customer.

Can anybody help?

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Shinobi088, we can certainly help you out with getting a PUK code. 

We'll just need to access your account and pass through security with yourself before raising it to our Unlocking team. So we're able to do this, please contact us using my private message