Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unsuccessful Skype download

Susan38
2: Seeker

Hi, I went into Googleplay and installed Skype (the first option with the standard logo), it says on my My Apps page that it is installed (the word installed is in a green cartouche).  I have restarted my phone, switched it off and on again, and it still hasn't appeared there - what could have gone wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

That notification does sound like the original attempt glitched then. 

Some phones can seem to be overloaded with things I agree. 

Personally I want as little out of the box as possible, and then add as I go. 

As I buy from Samsung directly I do not have any network apps aka bloatware which helps keep my phones as clear as possible. 

To add some balance to my statement for some network apps etc are essential to their own daily usage. 

Good luck with downloading Skype. 

If you get stuck I'm sure a Vodafone High street Store can help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

AnnS

Hi @Susan38

Apps from the Play Store are made on the assumption that the phone has at least 16GB of storage and adequate memory for using the application.

A phone with only 4GB storage space and 512MB memory is far too small for any phone and in this day and age you should be looking for storage of over 16GB and memory of at least 2GB to copy with the demands of a smartphone.

If you need a phone to handle apps such as Skype, which can take just over 84MB of space depending on your device, you need to buy one, it should last you for at least two years, there are plenty of reasonably priced phones on the market which are going to be much more suitable for your needs.

Having mentioned that I hope you manage to solve your phone problems and I wish you all the best.

AnnS

@Susan38 wrote:

Well that was interesting.  It shows that total space is 4gb and  that cached data is using 37.40mb, apps 1.35gb,  android 1.93gb, leaving 471mb available.

I've deleted a few  photos and messages and already there's 490mb available now.

Hi @Susan38

If you have deleted some photos, you could have backed them up to your PC, this is easy to do.  Just attach your phone to the PC, choose media files, and select the photos you wish to download into a file.

A memory card would be good for storing photos and media files, this would also free up further space on the device.

It is also possible to download Skype to an SD card when you are running Android 2.3 or higher. There is further support from the Skype site below.

How do I get Skype on my Android device?

davidjeams

which one is your phone?

It's a Vodafone Smart 7 VFD200