Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Update 200FEN1 Smart platinum 7

Rubirubidium
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, 

I wanted to ask if someone's having troubles with the newest update of the smart platinum 7. I am now not able to make  calls or send SMS, and data use isn't working either. Also, whenever I want to contact my country code , says MMI INVALIDE CODE. 

Now, I don't know if it's due to the newest update, but since my phone updated itself nothing of phone functions works now. 

Apps are normal, but WiFi breaks down a lot, can't work with it if the signal is active ( I have to be on airplane mode to function normally) , and on my signal bars there's an exclamation mark. 

My phone is still brand new (only has a little month)

Can someone please give me a solution? I don't really want to buy another phone. 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Rubirubidium

As a process of elimination to rule out the SIM card at fault or the phone can you try your SIM card in another phone. 

Sometimes after an update if the phone is glitching then a solution is to create back ups and factory reset. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Rubirubidium

This is likely to be a network issue rather than a phone problem.

The first thing to do to to check the network coverage in your area from the coverage checker at the top of the page. Invalid MMI code with an explanation mark next to your signal bars indicates a problem with the network. 

Try going into your network settings  > settings, more, mobile network and doing a network search from your available networks and choosing an alternative network and then back onto Vodafone UK.

If you still have problems, try the self help tips in the link below, complete the pro forma and copy and paste the results back on the thread for one of the Team to pick up and get back to you.

Network Issues

If after checking the network the phone is faulty, the phone will be under warranty and you will be in a good position to get the phone repaired or replaced if the phone is under 30 days old.