Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Update help

malk95
4: Newbie

So my Galaxy S7 updated to I guess Nougat last night, all seems fine to me, feels quicker, but one thing is bothering me.

How can I change the background for the conversations, if you go to messages/conversations I can not see who the conversations are with as it is a light grey on white background, themes don't change the white background and i cannot see a setting that helps.

Does anyone have any idea how to sort it please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

This is what material black theme does. 

IMG_20170318_192607.jpg

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

You can either choose a theme in the Theme Store which changes a lot of the phones Ui or

Open Messages App. 

Press the 3 little dots in the top Rh corner. 

Press Settings. 

Backgrounds. 

There you can choose what colour you like. 

Personally i I downloaded a black background beforehand and chose that. 

Current Phone  >

I understand you can change themes for homescreens and lock screen ect.. I am talking about the screen which shows all your text conversations, it has conversations top left and contacts tab top right, then lists all your text conversations the background is white, the person who the conversation is with is very light grey and difficult to make out.

I have changed themes, background colour using the 3 dots on settings page, none of these alters the background to the text conversations, unless you actually go into the text itself, which would be okay if you could see them in the first place.

AnnS

Hi @malk95

You need to go into your message settings go to display > conversation settings.

Although it seems possible to change the background colour, you can even add a personal picture from your gallery or camera, it does not seem possible to change the colour for the conversation.

If you look on Google Play Store, there are applications available which may solve this for you.

BandOfBrothers

I Hi @malk95

My phone is the s7 edge on Nougat. 

I use the material black Theme sometimes which is much better on the eyes and saves on battery. 

But even on the default theme I'm not experiencing the same difficulty as you are. 

Whats your brightness set at ?

Current Phone  >

The screenshot in the attachments is what I mean, tried to upload the image but the site kept throwing errors at me, the screenshot is a lot clearer than on my phone.

BandOfBrothers

This is what material black theme does. 

IMG_20170318_192607.jpg

Current Phone  >

Is that available on the playstore, that is what I am needing :Smiling:

BandOfBrothers

Go into settings , themes, three dots in top Rh corner and touch search. 

Or settings and its the 5th option down. - Wallpapers and Themes. 

Its not in the PlayStore. 

Type in material blsck and choose the MINU Material Black.

Download ad it and apply it.

If if you want the default icons let me know and I'll talk you through how to change them if you don't like the ones that come with the material black Theme.  

Current Phone  >

Downloaded the free trial just to make sure and yes it has sorted it, will have to pay £1.63 for the full theme though, but guess if I want to see my screen.....

Appreciate the help folks, thank you.