Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Update notifications

DRUIDDOODE
13: Advanced Member

Hi since I got my device in Feb  I am constantly notified every time I turn on mobile data I get notifications about software updates which for the most part I find usefull but I spend more time searching for software updates myself but after 4 months it's become irritating

I don't trust notifications.

The problem I have is every time do check the updates in galaxy apps I get the same five language updates that are pre-installed but need updating.

I don't speak a second language nor do I use any app that requires these updates 

So my main question is do I need to update these for device stability or can I ignore them or even better remove them just in case I press one accidentally as this has been going on for 4 months.

I also have to manual check for gear fit updates that I got free with my device 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Updates sourced from your software update section in the phone are safe and fine @DRUIDDOODE

I wouldn't personally expect any stability issues not updating the different language options and to be honest updating them wouldn't take up too much space and my line of thought is it's probably cleaner in the long run just to update them than spending time trying to circumvent them !

There are package disablers available that can be used to deactivate certain things in the phone, but care and attention needs to be given to what is being De activated. 

Unless there's a specific update that's hitting phone's I personally let my phone let me know if one is available. I may perhaps once a month perform a manual search and just leave automatic settings turned On. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers

Updates sourced from your software update section in the phone are safe and fine @DRUIDDOODE

I wouldn't personally expect any stability issues not updating the different language options and to be honest updating them wouldn't take up too much space and my line of thought is it's probably cleaner in the long run just to update them than spending time trying to circumvent them !

There are package disablers available that can be used to deactivate certain things in the phone, but care and attention needs to be given to what is being De activated. 

Unless there's a specific update that's hitting phone's I personally let my phone let me know if one is available. I may perhaps once a month perform a manual search and just leave automatic settings turned On. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks I decided to update them all though they never used to show in the app list they've there now but they are only tiny one is 6.5 mb I don't know how such a  small amount of space can store a language 

Any way I do see the sense of just installing them than trying to ignore them as I bet the devices they use to test themselves have it on so it's more than likely more stable with than without