Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Using My Vodafone App on an Android phone

froggie62
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi I am trying to install the app and I am being asked this question

If you have any third-party data management apps installed that use a Virtual Private Network (VPN), they’ll need to be removed until the My Vodafone app has been accessed for the first time.

I dont know what apps I am looking for that have a VPN ?

I've tried turning off WiFi and this has made no difference. Surely I can get the App working without having to delete a biunch of other Apps. It was the Vodafone local store who told me I need to use this App on my mobile, to access my Vodafone account.

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @froggie62

You don't mention is you are trying to instal the application to view usage on your Vodafone mobile or to check home phone usage on your broadband account.

When you access the application for the first time, to locate your account, this has to be done over a mobile data connection.

There is further information on the application below.

What is the My Vodafone app?

My Vodafone Application

The Team will pick up this thread but for quick support live chat or Customer Service will be able to help.  

Hi Ann S,

I'm having a problem accessing my Vodafone online account. I have a WiFi Dongle and I'm trying to login from my laptop, to see my account. When I log in, the site says my account has a problem and has been cancelled. The on-line and customer help teams have told me to go to a store to get it sorted out. I did that today and the guy in the store said I needed to access my account by using the My Vodafone App on my (separate) mobile phone.

My mobile phone netwrok is not Vodafone. Anyway, I downloaded the App onto my mobile and tried to get it working. That's when I get the error message I typed into my original question. So I'm no further forward.

I want to use the App (on my non-Vodafone mobile), to input my Vodafone dongle number and access my account.

AnnS

Hi @froggie62

You can only download the application to a Vodafone mobile account and I am sure this is where you have the problem and the reason for receiving the error message as you have.

If you are trying to view your usage on a mobile broadband account, please follow the link here: How can I see my balance and remaining data allowance on my tablet, Mobile Wi-Fi device or Data Dong...  If you wish to view your usage for a single session, this is done through your dashboard.

As far is is known the application can only be installed to an iphone or Android phone with a Vodafone number, and not to a mobile broadband account but I will double check this and get back to the thread.

Hello again, thanks for your prompt replies.

I did wonder if the guy in the store was giving me correct info. I told him my mobile account is not Vodafone, but he said I could download it anyway, activate it and then input the number of my WiFi Dongle to be able to access my account.

I can see that when I activate the App, it thinks my mobile is on the Vodafone network and when it can't detect me, I get the error message. I guess its not going to work as he told me then.

I'll have to go back to the store.

Looking at how much data I have left on the dongle, is not the problem. Accessing my Dongle account online is the problem. When I log in from laptop, a screen message tells me there is a problem and my account has been cancelled. However, it has not been cancelled. I can use the Dongle with no problem and I can top it up no problem. What I can't do is access the account to see my details and see how much data I have left.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@froggie62 - I’m sorry for the information you were given in store. The My Vodafone app can only be installed on a Vodafone phone, although you can manually log into your My Vodafone account from any device.

To monitor your usage for the Mobile Wi-Fi, please see the options in the link @AnnS has posted.

If you’re still facing any issues logging into the My Vodafone account, please send send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.