Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VFD 700 System update download fails with error - check your network

thekkapat
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,  I am getting an error when I try to download the system update file on my VFD 700. Took the phone to the Vodafone shop from where I bought it, but they could not fix the issue. It is out of warranty as I bought in late 2016, but thought if anyone can help that would be great. The screenshots are attached. I am downloading it while connected to a wifi network.

Regards

VFD 700 - 4.PNGVFD 700 - 5.PNGVFD 700 -6.PNG

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @thekkapat 

What did the Vodafone Highstreet Store employee try for you  ?

Can I ask if you've checked that their is enough internal storage available to complete the update. If not delete or move some data / info off the phone.

Also close down apps etc to ensure you have enough resources such as Ram to try the update.

If your still having issues then as a very last resort back up and remove any relevant Sd card and factory reset the phone which will take it back to the last successful firmware update and remove any obsolete files etc.

Then if the update pops up see if the update will complete.

Also see if a Google Search bring back anything for the update to ensure your phone make and model is compatible.

A Vodafone Highstreet Store maybe able to send the phone off for you but they may levy a charge due to the warranty status.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your response.

The high street technician said he cleared the cache etc. 

There is more than1 GB of free space left and there is no sd card. Had closed down all applications.

Let me see if I can do a factory reset.

Regards

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome for my reply @thekkapat  :Smiling:

So there looks to be enough storage and resources.

This is then either an incompatibility issue or a glitch with the update and your phones core system files.

Backing up and factory resetting hopefully should align things back up.

If not then as I said ask Vodafone to send it off and they'll follow that up with a possible charge to which you can pay or decline.

Have you googled what that update is ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

Before you get into the murky waters of a factory reset, I'd be mightily inclined to try to create more space.  1gb could be a bit marginal for the download and working file space.   Have a look at your app list and see if there are any large ones you could temporarily uninstall (remember that you'll lose their settings and stored data, of course).   Also, if you have content (music, photos etc), move them at least temporarily to an sd card.   Aim to have at least 2gb of free space.

Thanks, I made enough free space (more than 2GB) but getting the same error. The download file size is about 700MB. It doesn't even progress to 1% of download before throwing up the network error.

hrym

Are you downloading on mobile data or wifi?   There shouldn't be a restriction either way.  However ...