main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Android

VFD300 Vodafone Smart Mini 7 Memory low fix

Highlighted
1: Seeker

The smart mini 7 sometimes ends up with no memory left after an over the air update or sometimes from new ? Or just by chance

The Dalvik caches has loads of rubbish left in it from older software which has been from a prior software release and really needs clearing is the most common issue

If you are rooted or have a custom recovery it's easy .....otherwise it is a bit of a pain to clear .....it even survives a factory reset ....I had to go in and root the phone then delete the files in the Calvin cache then restart the phone and rebuild the cache before I got my phone back to 1 GB of memory free ....before it was 2.3gb of 2.4 so nothing was left

VODAFONE PLEASE RELEASE A FIX OTA SO OTHER USERS OF THIS DEVICE WHO HAVE GONE THROUGH AN OTA UPDATE DONT LOOSE THERE FREE MEMORY LIKE I DID ...rooting and manual cache clearing should not be for the normal user !!!

View more options
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @diggery

Having to micro manage a phones internal memory can be a pain. 

The phone you've chosen I believe only has a small amount of Internal memory and even some of that is taken up for the phones android Os with some gated off for future updates. 

4Gb of Internal memory minus the Os so I'm assuming around 3Gb on a phone is not enough for most users as today's apps are more content rich and collate data in them along with other aspects of user usage.

Unfortunatley it's also mostly flagship phones that allow the movement of some apps etc from the phones internal storage to an SD Card. 

Factory Resetting should remove any redundant files left over from an update. 

I agree rooting is not for a novice and also people need to know if they trip Knox etc their manufacturing warranty can become voided. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options