main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Android

VFD700 factory reset - USB settings now missing, no MTP mode / data transfer / USB mass storage!

3: Seeker

Per title - i did the factory reset, now under "Storage and USB" settings there's only "Internal Storage" and no USB settings...  so how to enable normal MTP mode?

The phone still charges from a USB socket but no data transfer / tethering etc. is available..  Really need this basic functionality!

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

When you performed a Factory Reset did that initiate any type of new software update @MrVibrating  ?

I'm wondering if the options are now elsewhere in the phones settings.

When I connect up my phone to my Mac via data cable I see a pop up on my phones screen asking me to choose what I want to do. Did you ever get this ?

Maybe a Vodafone Highstreet Store employee can have hands on with your phone to check it out.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @MrVibrating 

From what you have written the PC needs to instal the Android drivers after the factory reset.  Try going into your control panel and uninstall any previous installed drivers and software for the phone. After clearing your cookies, the PC should recognise the devise and instal the drivers.

If you have any problems use Google and you will be able to find answers on how this can be done.

View more options