Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VPN issue with My Vodafone app.

Bammyj
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So I just got a new phone, the samsung s10, and I've carried across all my data by using samsung smart switch. However when it came to logging into the My Vodafone app it wont let me in. It says something about a VPN or an app that may be using one like a third party data manager app. I didnt have this problem on my s8 and as far as I know I dont have a third party data manager app that uses vpn or a vpn. Could someone help me sort this out please?

3 REPLIES 3

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @Bammyj  have you tried clearing the app cache/data then remove it and reinstall ? Also make sure you are using mobile data when first trying to log in. 

I woke up this morning and tried again and now it has decided to work. Maybe it updated over night or something. Anyway problem solved!

hrym

The app sometimes says it's unavailable and occasionally, a retry is all that's needed.   For an initial login/setup, you need to use mobile data, not wifi and (I suspect) turn your VPN off as well.   Once it's up and running, both wifi and VPN are fine (I use both myself).  If your particular VPN is causing a problem, does it have the option to allow certain apps to bypass it?