Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VPN setings

horse77
1: Seeker

Hi. I have been forced into my backup done, a Samsung GT I5500 - a real oldie, but the VPN settings are not set for Vodafone. (Hence why I have had to buy a top up voucher for my pet hate - O2. (Their abysmal treatment of customers was why I came to Vodafone).

Ivan currently contracted to Vodafone, so if anything happens to my new fone, then I can switch to my backup again - without putting a single dime into O2 coffers.

Thank you 

Carl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @horse77

A VPN is a virtual private network - are you wanting to use a VPN option ?

To set up APN settings which is normal internet settings for Vodafone then first try sending a text to 40127 saying WEB

How-do-I-set-up-my-phone-for-internet-access-and-picture-messaging-MMS.

If that does not bring you the set up settings then you can manually input them via the settings in the following link. Please be sure to use the specific ones relating to Payg.

vodafone-apn-settings.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers

Hi @horse77

A VPN is a virtual private network - are you wanting to use a VPN option ?

To set up APN settings which is normal internet settings for Vodafone then first try sending a text to 40127 saying WEB

How-do-I-set-up-my-phone-for-internet-access-and-picture-messaging-MMS.

If that does not bring you the set up settings then you can manually input them via the settings in the following link. Please be sure to use the specific ones relating to Payg.

vodafone-apn-settings.

Current Phone  >

Thank you for the quick reply. I am contracted to Vodafone, but my Sam/galaxy won't use my Vodafone SIM card. I couldn't make calls either. So maybe it's a case of trying to unlock it first ?

hrym

When you put your Vodafone SIM in the phone, it should have asked for an unlock code if it was locked to another network.  If it didn't, I'm not sure what's going on, but things might be clearer to someone who could see it.   If you're having trouble, drop by a Vodafone shop and they may be able to help.

BandOfBrothers

@horse77 wrote:

Thank you for the quick reply. I am contracted to Vodafone, but my Sam/galaxy won't use my Vodafone SIM card. I couldn't make calls either. So maybe it's a case of trying to unlock it first ?

Yes it could then be network locked to the network that originally supplied it @horse77

Some phones unlock by using the pop up box on the main screen and some unlock first by keying in a type of master code to initiate the pop up box and sone are unlocked by first going into it's settings. 

Current Phone  >