Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VoLTE v HD Voice

jimmybond007
4: Newbie

I'm desperately trying to get to the bottom of this issue and Vodafone support have no clue (although they pretend they do).  I have an S10 with a VF rom.  I am in a 3G blackspot but have good 4G.  When I make a call, HD comes up on the phone.  Am I now on VoLTE or just an enhanced 3G call? If just 3G why not VoLTE?  I am seriously consodering leaving VF after 20 years as I need VoLTE to stop my calls disconnecting.

Can someone please clarify? 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @jimmybond007 

Your phone model has yet to be added to the line up of accepted phone models @jimmybond007 

Who-can-get-4G-Calling.

And a person needs to be in a supported area.

You mention that the phone has a Vodafone Rom on it _ was the phone supplied directly by Vodafone UK or via a 3rd party independent or has a custom rom been put on to it ?

HD Calling is different which is explained in Vodafone and high-definition-voice-calls.

If your black spot is in one particular area such as hhome nd you have Broadband Wifi then maybe a Sure Signal would be an option. Although this does cost a one off £70 to purchase it. It creates a 3g signal in the home. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I  can get 4g calling and wifi callin no problem it will say 4G on the top it will not say volte just 4G if it doesn't work. Call customer service and ask them to put wifi calling and 4Gcalling on your account

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

When you make a call, does the 4G icon change to 3G or stay 4G?

No it stays on 4G but they said  the only reason. Why volte doesn't show because its not in the software update they said it should be in the next update