Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Home Broadband Speeds

Akiiraja_1996
1: Seeker

Home broadband speeds under 1mbps. Contacted vodafone, ask3d to change channel on network which is a temp fix. On a 76mbps fibre package. Been chasing vodafone for several months now in regards to this issue but no permanent fix. Won't be purchasing vodafone ever again.

Community, any fixes?

2 REPLIES 2

wwhyte92
7: Helper
7: Helper

Hi @Akiiraja_1996,

When you signed up to the broadband package with Vodafone you should have been provided with a minimum connection speed as well as an expected speed. If you aren't being provided that minimum speed consistently you will have the right to terminate the contract early without any early termination charges. I'm not too sure on how 'consistently' the speed has to be below that, but I'm sure that will be in your contract paperwork somewhere.

Have a look for it and give the Vodafone complaints department an ultimatum.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

You say that the channel change is a temporary fix, which implies that it is a fix, but not why it would be temporary.   I'm assuming this is the wifi channel, and implies that another network, or something else was interfering with the channel you were on.   If this was the issue, it sounds as though the connection that's coming in is OK and that the problem is with the wifi and has (appraently) been solved.