Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone N8 not responding

MissBSkye
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I've had my N8 since June, and have had a few freezes which I've managed to deal with.

Today, it was working fine, but when I went to check it, the screen was black, the light at the top that flashes for messages is flashing, but it won't respond to anything.  I've tried connecting the charger, but it doesn't seem to be that, although the light should stop flashing and hasn't.  I've tried holding the power button, and the power and volume buttons, but it isn't making any difference.

As the nearest store is 150 miles away, I'd really appreciate any suggestions.

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

From what I read whike the phone is Off you hold the power button and volume Up key to hard reset but beware if successful this can delete your saved info. 

vodafone/vodafone-smart-n8/hardreset.

If that's unsuccessful then may e a highstreet shop that deals in phones can help or check with Vodafone customer service if you can send the phone off to be looked at. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

The problem is that the phone doesn't appear to be off , as the wee light is still flashing.  It is just that the screen is not showing anything, and it is not responding to any buttons. I am going to wait until the battery runs out, and then try the reset options again.  Failing which, I'll have to try customer services tomorrow.  (I can't even access the online help because they need to send a security code to my phone!)

BandOfBrothers

@MissBSkye wrote:

The problem is that the phone doesn't appear to be off , as the wee light is still flashing.  It is just that the screen is not showing anything, and it is not responding to any buttons. I am going to wait until the battery runs out, and then try the reset options again.  Failing which, I'll have to try customer services tomorrow.  (I can't even access the online help because they need to send a security code to my phone!)

Hi @MissBSkye

That could be the next move yes. 

If that fails then as I suggested in the first reply to your issue you can have the option to send it to Vodafone UK. 

I hope this is resolved asap.  :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

UPDATE

I left the phone overnight, and in the morning the battery was dead. 

I left it to charge fully, and it has been fine since. 

However, I think I will take it into a Vodafone shop when we are on the mainland at the end of the month, and see what they say.  

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. 

AnnS

Hi @MissBSkye

From what you have written and with the previous freezing problems you have had, it sounds like your phone has a fault and needs a repair.  As you have only had the phone since June you will be entitled to a warranty repair. There is further information on warranty here, this will give a idea on what is covered: When I buy a device from Vodafone, how long does the warranty last, and what does it cover?

As you live so far from a Vodafone Store, Vodafone will be able to arrange a postal repair, it will then only mean a visit to the local Post Office and will be a lot easier for you.  To make the arrangements please follow this link: How do I book a device in for repair?

I hope the above helps and you are able to get your phone working again.