main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Vodafone Platinum keeps restarting on its own

Yarrum
2: Seeker

I'm getting really fed up now and was wondering if anyone else had experience in this or advice.

A couple of weeks ago my phone froze and then kept restarting on its own despite me doing a hard reset and factory reboot so I gave it in to Vodafone to repair.  They couldn't fix it/find the issue so they gave me a replacement to keep.

The replacement phone was doing the same so again that went into repair and again Vodafone couldn't fix it so again I'm given a new phone.

Guess what, its still happening. 

I'm now wondering if its an app I've got but I never downloaded a new app when this first happened.

Has anyone had this experience?

The apps I have are:

Barclay's

Facebook

Halifax

Instagram

Meditation & Relaxation (guided meditation)

MyESR (for NHS workers)

NatWest

Netflix

Period Tracker Flo

WhatsApp

YouTube

Xbox

Newley downloaded on this one only is

Universum - Diary/journal

Thanks in advance.

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

The best ways of finding out if it's an app or back up files issue @Yarrum are to either...

Put the phone in safe mode which turns off all your downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones alone which can help to determine if an app is causing this if it stops and then you come out of safe mode and start adding one app back at a time.

Or factory reset your phone again but do not use your back up to restore your info but instead run it as a new phone and see if the issue stops or not.

If it stops then something in your back up is corrupted and you may need to start again. 

If it does not stop then it's the phone. 

Check your internal memory and if it's nearly full then lose rarely or no longer used items such as calendar entries, notes , music, videos , emails , contacts etc. 

Check everything is up to date with it's software and with your apps via Play Store. 

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860.

View more options
Yarrum

Ah thank you, I didn't think about files.

I'm not sure how to go to safe mode, is it when I click the power off and volume button?

Thank you! :Smiling:

View more options
Tash

That should activate Safe Mode for you @Yarrum - please let us know how you get on!

View more options
Yarrum

Well I couldn't figure out safe mode so I factory reset (again) and I downloaded all the apps but used a different account so no data would transfer onto this phone. That didn't work, it still kept rebooting itself.

Now I've reset the phone, kept my original google account and downloaded nothing at first. Phone didn't reboot so this morning I installed WhatsApp, its been fine so I've just installed a meditation app and see how it goes. Each day I'll re add an app but I'm still not downloading the attached data to each app (like backup chats etc).

Fingers crossed this works! Really must be a dodgy app! Wondering if its Facebook. 

Will keep you posted :Smiling:

View more options
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

It's possible Safe Mode isn't available or working as kr should on your model. 

Good to hear the suggestion to not use your back up to reset up the phone is working. 

I agree it could either be a rogue app or a corrupt back up. 

Looking forward to a good outcome for you @Yarrum

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860.

View more options