Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Samsung Note 9 Latest Software

usan14
4: Newbie

Wondering what is the lastest software update for Samsung Note 9. My one shows 1st October 2018 Security Patch is Latest ! Attached my screen shot

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @usan14

This is my current status for my Note 9.

Samsung One Ui / Android Pie is due January 2019 all being well.

Screenshot_20190106-152218_Software update.jpg

Samsung One-UI-Pie-Release-UK & Ireland.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

How come my one is still give me 1st October 2018 latest update ? Did you buy from Vodafone or it is from third party ?

BandOfBrothers

The Note 9 is direct from a Samsung Experience Store in my home city @usan14

So it has the BTU csc code and isn't affected by Vodafone wanting to test the firmware before allowing Samsung to send it out. 

Have you tried checking in your Note 9 settings ( not Settings > Software Update ) to see if the security Patch is available separately ?

Current Phone  >

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

The Note 9 is direct from a Samsung Experience Store in my home city @usan14

So it has the BTU csc code and isn't affected by Vodafone wanting to test the firmware before allowing Samsung to send it out. 

Have you tried checking in your Note 9 settings ( not Settings > Software Update ) to see if the security Patch is available separately ?

Thanks for your help. How can I check Note 9 setting to check security patch is available separately ? My phone is from direct Vodafone.

BandOfBrothers

Settings > Biometrics and Security > Security Update.

Current Phone  >

Thanks. Tried but still have the same 1st October 2018 as latest update.

Do you know if I change to BTU it can effect on warranty/performance ?

BandOfBrothers

Putting a custom rom on the phone as long as its the BTU csc won't trip Knox to invalidate warranty although if you ever need to send it off via Vodafone then I'd suggest to out their firmware version back on or use Samsung. 

Xdadevelopers is a good site to use.

voLTE would most probably cease working.

However even switching to BTU wouldn't guarantee updates.

I'd wait until Samsung One Ui and Android Pie hits and you should get the most recent security patch then. 

Vodafone Firmware Statement.

Current Phone  >

Dyceman
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Android Pie has rolled out to many countried arround the world for a week now, any timeline on when Vodafone is planning to roll out this update? 

@Dyceman Although Android Pie has been rolled out in many other countries, it's a staggered release by Samsung.  This update is initially for unlocked Samsung phones with the network providers following suit soon after on their handsets.  Once it's released in the UK, the Vodafone update will follow suit soon after once we've had a had a chance to test it on our devices. Joe