main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Android

Vodafone Smart N8 - Sound problems

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi. I've had my Vodafone Smart N8 for over a year. Everything fine until a week ago, when the sound of the alarm, calls, etc. went down to approx. 50% from its initial sound level. I have tried with the Settings, Manual, Apps, etc. and I haven't found the source of the problem. Any suggestion? Thanks. 

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @agval79

Some phones media sounds have their own setting away from the ringtone level. 

Please check to ensure yours is still turned up if relevant. 

Does this issue remain the same when choosing different available tones ?

Please also look in the speaker , Mic and all other posts for built up of lint etc. Use a torch maybe. 

If there is none and a soft reboot by turning it off and on does not help then please consider popping into a Vodafone High street Store so they can look it over and if required send it off to be looked at.

This should be covered under the 24 Month Manufacturing Warranty as long as the phone hasn't been dropped or water has got into it. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @agval79

From the thread here https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Android/Smart-N8-muted-by-default/td-p/2565674 try turning off microphone in your Google application settings, it may not apply to your problem but worth a try.

You can also do a factory reset, this should clear any bugs from the phone.

If you still have problems after trying the above, take the phone into a Vodafone Store where they will be able to arrange a repair.

View more options