main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Android

Vodafone Smart N8 intermittant wifi

Highlighted
4: Newbie

Ny wife has a new [4 weeks] Vodafone smart N8 which continually breaks from home wife network and advises authetication problems but all is well after a reboot.  This is obviously unacceptable as rebooting every time one want to use wifi almost makes it quicker to send a letter.

Other android mobiles in the house do not have this problem even though they are a lower version of android OS.  

Router is BT Smart Hub 6.

Any and all assistance appreciated.

View more options
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @Charley_Lima have you tried the phone on any other wifi networks ? if its the same on other networks you may need to take the phone back and ask for a replacement. A factory reset before doing this may be worth a try.

If it happens only on your network then have you tried forgetting your network then trying to reconnect ?

View more options
Highlighted

If this was my phone I'd  first forget the network in my phone's Wi-Fi and if that didn't work / help then split the frequencies in your Router to 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz as some devices prefer one over the other. 

I also use the HH6 but my phone is the Samsung Galaxy S8 which has no issues connecting to it. 

Does your phone connect ok to other routers and coffee shop etc  ?

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options
Highlighted

Many thanks - will try other network at Waitrose this morning.

View more options
Highlighted

That was no use as phone didn't receive O2 confirmation text !!!  Will attempt to have phone replaced.

Thanks.

View more options
Highlighted
Administrator

@Charley_Lima Did you try your phone on another Wi-Fi network?
If the issue happens on different Wi-Fi, I'd suggest taking your phone into your nearest Vodafone store so our team can take a look.

View more options
Highlighted

Morning

New Vodafone Smart N8 arrived by courier.  I know its basic, but how to efficiently transfer apps, settings, data photos from old phone to new ?  I still have old phone until I return it.

Regards

Christopher

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @Charley_Lima if you start setting up your new phone and use the same google account as the old phone it should transfer/download all your apps automatically and your contacts should also come from your google account.

If you have photos etc on your SD card then it should just be a case of inserting the car in your new device.

View more options
Highlighted

Hello

We appear to be back to where we started a week or so ago.

Brand new Vodafone Smart N8 arrived via courier, worked perfectly for a couple of days, processed a large system update and now we are back to "Connected- no internet".  Carried our 'forget, etc.

Router is BT Hub 6 - again only out of the box less than 2 weeks.

Smart N8 is android 7.0 and wife well well fed-up [or worse]

My Blackberry DTEK50 is android 6.0.1 and works perfectly much of the time.

Have to say that Vodafone reacted extremely quickly to send replacement without waiting for first phone, which is now with them.

Any ideas for a lasting solution would be much appreciated.

View more options
Highlighted
Administrator

@Charley_Lima I'm sorry to see you're still having issues, please have a look at our Wi-Fi connection troubleshooting

If you're still not connected after this, please get back to us and we'll see what else can be done. 

View more options
Highlighted

Hello Alex

I have reviewed the information on your link and find that none of the six points apply.

Phone is 'connected' all the correct passwords in place etc., but internet remains intermittant with brand new phone and brand new BT Hub 6 router.

I can't tear out my hair as there is so little remaining !!

Kind regards

Christopher

View more options
Highlighted

@Charley_Lima Have you had any similar issues when using other devices connected to your Wi-Fi network? Are you able to use your phone on Wi-Fi when connected to another Wi-Fi connection? 

View more options
Highlighted

Hello Josh

The other regular user of the home network is me and my BlackBerry Android DTEK50 has experienced no problems - it is android 6 while the Vodafone smart N8 is android 7.  My wife also has problems syncing her fitbit with the N8 although this would be bluetooth.  We carry out restarts on a regular basis.

Any further suggestions would be good.

Thanks

Christopher

View more options
Highlighted

@Charley_Lima As the issue is mainly consistent with the one sole device and that it's also encountering difficulties with Bluetooth too, I'd recommend visiting our representatives in store. They'll be able to assess the phone hands on and identify any faults with the device causing these technical glitches.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Josh

You do appreciate that it's the second new phone wthin 2 months?

Guaranteed that in a Vodafone environment, it would work perfectly for the duration of my visit.

It was not purchased in branch, but supplied via your team in Stoke.

Regards

Christopher Lamb

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

@Charley_Lima The troubleshooting steps you've tried all lead to the phone being the issue.

As @Josh said we'd recommend you visit a store, your nearest store can be found here.

Even if the phone wasn't purchased in store, you can still take it there for one of our representatives to have a look at the phone and see if they can help you further. 

View more options