Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart N8 stopped working

cwtch
1: Seeker

I have had my N8 since September last year.

I plugged it into my laptop to charge for the evening, it connected fine and I used it a couple of times to send texts. Went to check it a few minutes later and it has completely stopped working.

I have tried holding the power button for well over a minute, as well as the power and volume up. It does not seem to be doing anything.

I can pop into a Vodafone store during my lunch break tomorrow, but was wondering if there is anything else I should try first? If nothing else, my phone is my alarm for work.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

You could try another charging brick and cable and make sure no lint is inside the charging port. 

If a hard reset via Here  then a Vodafone High street Store can look at it and if necessary send it away under the 24 Month Manufacturing Warranty as long as the phone hasn't been dropped or water has got into the phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try with another charger as I have a spare.

I have tried the hard reset, but will try again in the morning if the different charger has not worked.

No drops or water damage in the 11 months I have had it. If neither of the other options work I will hopefully get some help in store tomorrow.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome for my reply @cwtch

I hope all goes Ok for you. 

Obviously take into consideration a hard reset will delete your used info but that said if Vodafone send it away one of the first things they'll try is flashing the firmware which also deletes your inputted info. 

Good luck. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.