Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Platinum 7 (VFD 900) Stuck on Powered by Android bootcycle

ZestyBeef
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hey everyone, I'll cut to the chase. My phone is stuck on the "Powered by Android" splash screen and is continuously trying to boot. Every 10 seconds or so the screen flashes black, the phone vibrates and the splash screen pops up again. I had the same issue earlier, but managed to fix by booting the phone from the recovery mode. Now I can't even access recovery mode and have completely lost control of the phone. Has anyone had this  problem before and can anyone help me resolve this issue? I'm definitely going to take into my local Vodafone shop when I can but I just want the thing to stop vibrating every few seconds, it's really iritating. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @ZestyBeef

Will the phone not shut down by long pressing the power button ?

Maybe a Hard Reset could help > Link > How to hard reset vodafone-smart-platinum-7.

It does sound like you will need to pop into your most local Vodafone Highstreet Store for them to take a look and if necessary send it off. Vodafone apply a 24 month manufacturing warranty but this wouldn't cover issues from water or a drop. 

Tip > 

Take time and date stamped pictures of the phone with one of it turned on to prove its aesthetic condition and ask the employee to note its condition. 
If the water sensor is visible then take a picture of that too. 

Repairs.
"Also make sure when sending your device for repair that you keep hold of your SIM. You also shouldn't send your memory cards, battery and/or back cover (if they're removable) - if these are included with your phone when it goes for repair we can't guarantee their return."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

29 REPLIES 29

BandOfBrothers

Hi @ZestyBeef

Will the phone not shut down by long pressing the power button ?

Maybe a Hard Reset could help > Link > How to hard reset vodafone-smart-platinum-7.

It does sound like you will need to pop into your most local Vodafone Highstreet Store for them to take a look and if necessary send it off. Vodafone apply a 24 month manufacturing warranty but this wouldn't cover issues from water or a drop. 

Tip > 

Take time and date stamped pictures of the phone with one of it turned on to prove its aesthetic condition and ask the employee to note its condition. 
If the water sensor is visible then take a picture of that too. 

Repairs.
"Also make sure when sending your device for repair that you keep hold of your SIM. You also shouldn't send your memory cards, battery and/or back cover (if they're removable) - if these are included with your phone when it goes for repair we can't guarantee their return."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for the reply BandOfBrothers,

No I couldn't get the phone to shut down while it was stuck in it's cycle, I ended up waiting for it to run out of battery, let it charge up fully then tried booting it up into recovery mode and from there I got it to load up as normal but tickety boo the same thing happened again, a sudden shut down followed by the infinite bootcycle. Have just taken it in to my local Vodafone shop who've sent it off for repair under its warranty. I imagine if there isn't an issue with the motherboard or internals then a hard reset it probably what they'll use to resolve the issue.

Cheers though :Smiling:

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for your update @ZestyBeef :smileyhappy:

Should you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to reply back to us :smileyhappy:

You can also track the progress of your repair here

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM ! with my precious VODAFONE PLATINUM 7 !!

PLEASE TELL ME... THE TECHNICAL SERVICE OF YOUR LOCAL VODAFONE MANAGE TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM?!!!

THEY CHANGE YOUR BATTERY? OR THEY GIVE YOU A NEW VDF 900?! 

THEY DELETE ALL OF YOUR FILES AND YOU TAKE YOUR SMARTPHONE BACK WITH FACTORY RESET ?! 

YOU KNOW HOW TO RECALL YOUR SETTING AND FILES FROM A BACKUP FILE OR A GOOGLE CLOUD?! CAN YOU TELL HOW CAN I DO IT? SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH,I AM FROM GREECE! THANK YOU!

@ZestyBeef wrote:

Thank you for the reply BandOfBrothers,

No I couldn't get the phone to shut down while it was stuck in it's cycle, I ended up waiting for it to run out of battery, let it charge up fully then tried booting it up into recovery mode and from there I got it to load up as normal but tickety boo the same thing happened again, a sudden shut down followed by the infinite bootcycle. Have just taken it in to my local Vodafone shop who've sent it off for repair under its warranty. I imagine if there isn't an issue with the motherboard or internals then a hard reset it probably what they'll use to resolve the issue.

Cheers though :Smiling:

I am having same issue with the same phone. I have tried to reboot but it remained stuck at "Powered by Android". It's frustrating. I have not used the phone for the last 2years. I got it on contract in Nov 2016 but got an Iphone gift afterwards. I gave my younger brother my iphone today only to experience this disappointment with the Vodafone Smart Platinum 7. What can I do?

Boot problem with Vodafone Smart Platinum 7 (VFD 900). I have tried to reboot but it remained stuck at "Powered by Android". It's frustrating. I have not used the phone for the last 2years. I got it on contract in Nov 2016 but got an Iphone gift afterwards. I gave my younger brother my iphone today only to experience this disappointment with the Vodafone Smart Platinum 7. What can I do?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear your having a problem with your phone @tonyobisesan. This sounds there maybe a problem with your software. I'd suggest resetting your phone and restoring it back to factory settings, there will be more help doing this in the phones user guide.

hrym

Resetting when you can't get beyond the boot screen can be tricky.  You might be able to do so from the recovery console, though.

First power the phone off (with luck, holding the power button will do this if there's no ther way).
Now hold volume down and press power.   Release when the phone starts.
Use the volume keys to navigate the menu and power to select.

Warning: the last time I did this, the device stuck with a text option, but I managed to find a small reset hole to get out of that (I never did get to the recovery menu).   I've used it on other devices successfully, though and the issue may be with fastboot, which can only be disabled form the main menu, which you can only access once the device has started properly...

Alexvdf
1: Seeker

Dear Friend
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM ! with my precious VODAFONE PLATINUM 7 !!
PLEASE TELL ME... THE TECHNICAL SERVICE OF YOUR LOCAL VODAFONE MANAGE TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM?!!!
THEY CHANGE YOUR BATTERY? OR THEY GIVE YOU A NEW VDF 900?! 
THEY DELETE ALL OF YOUR FILES AND YOU TAKE YOUR SMARTPHONE BACK WITH FACTORY RESET ?! 
YOU KNOW HOW TO RECALL YOUR SETTING AND FILES FROM A BACKUP FILE OR A GOOGLE CLOUD?! CAN YOU TELL HOW CAN I DO IT? SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH,I AM FROM GREECE! THANK YOU!