Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Platinum 7 (VFD 900) Stuck on Powered by Android bootcycle

ZestyBeef
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hey everyone, I'll cut to the chase. My phone is stuck on the "Powered by Android" splash screen and is continuously trying to boot. Every 10 seconds or so the screen flashes black, the phone vibrates and the splash screen pops up again. I had the same issue earlier, but managed to fix by booting the phone from the recovery mode. Now I can't even access recovery mode and have completely lost control of the phone. Has anyone had this  problem before and can anyone help me resolve this issue? I'm definitely going to take into my local Vodafone shop when I can but I just want the thing to stop vibrating every few seconds, it's really iritating. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @ZestyBeef

Will the phone not shut down by long pressing the power button ?

Maybe a Hard Reset could help > Link > How to hard reset vodafone-smart-platinum-7.

It does sound like you will need to pop into your most local Vodafone Highstreet Store for them to take a look and if necessary send it off. Vodafone apply a 24 month manufacturing warranty but this wouldn't cover issues from water or a drop. 

Tip > 

Take time and date stamped pictures of the phone with one of it turned on to prove its aesthetic condition and ask the employee to note its condition. 
If the water sensor is visible then take a picture of that too. 

Repairs.
"Also make sure when sending your device for repair that you keep hold of your SIM. You also shouldn't send your memory cards, battery and/or back cover (if they're removable) - if these are included with your phone when it goes for repair we can't guarantee their return."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

29 REPLIES 29

hrym

Any repair will involve a reset and this will delete any content not backed up elsewhere.   There's a useful adage to remember, known as Schofield's Law, which states that data doesn't exist at all unless it exists in at least 3 places.   Storage can and will fail and devices can be lost or damaged.  Make sure you have backups.   Google will restore some content (your contacts, as long as they're sync'd with Gmail, calendar if you use theirs, and photos as long as you sync with Google Photos).   Outside them, you're on your own.

PS. You don't need to shout on the forum - turn caps lock off! :smileywink:

nikospap
3: Seeker

Hi i have the same problem any help?I try to do hard reset but the recovery mode is locked.What happened with your phone?

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@nikospap Thanks for your message :Smiling:
It may be worth popping into your nearest store -they'll be able to take a look at your phone and if needs be, send your phone off for repair.

Just want to share my experience, and i just want to share my disappointment with This model/ Vodafone Platinum 7.

actually a sales agent just offered us this phone and convince us to bought it, and  i do purchase two model of vodafone upon hoping it will be a good quality phone. so we trust the Dealer as it was a Main Vodafone shop here it qatar .

the two model is the  Vodafone Prime 7 and vodafone VFD 900,

upon purchase we open the phone to test it and install the screen protector, then my wife and i started to use the phone, when we notice  the Vodafone prime 7, when we use the phone like for facebook or message, the phone get hot. even its just 1 app is running and closed all app thrue the RAM menu and my VFD 900 have problem with the phone mic, when i use it to call or in any app its not working, ( please take not that the phone is brand new and just open in the shop) so in short i bring it back to the shop where i bought it but they pointed us in a service center here in qatar which is the Qatar Mobile.  so we bring the phone there and the sad part the person in the service center just get our id and contact number and they just give me a paper told me to wait for there call or they will call me, so i waited the following day but no phone call from them so i decided to call them, and advice me to call the next day, when i call again, the only thing they said to me is they need to reformat or re program or something the prime 7, and the platinum 7  needed to be clean in the microphone as it was dirty ( again take note it is brand new and  opened in the main shop of vodafone) so i come to collect the phone after 4 days or 5 days.  when i collected it as i really needed a phone at my work, when my wife test it and its good but sometimes its still heat up. when i tested my phone on that day it is okey, but the following day its back again,  as in my work i need  a phone i just use a headset to use it so i just let it go.

but when i use my phone its just having a moment when its going stock on a screen and turn off and get back on again for about some times but i just let it go cause maybe it was just something. but lately its keep restarting until one day i experience the main thread topic.  it keeps restarting and only point to powered by android. ive tried the hard reset as some of the forum said it was helpful but when my technician friend saw the menu of the hard reset. its stated there that Phone is locked or something like that so i need to bring it back to the service center, so yes i was force back again in the Qatar mobile service center and the service representative again told us to wait for a call or call them and he put that request for a phone replacement, so i gave them 3 days since December 18 is holiday and i brought the phone December 17. so i called them on december 23  hoping  for a good news but na iám wrong as per the customer service representative they will replace the Motherboard of the phone and its just the same as requesting for a replacement. so i don't have choice to wait. until today December 26,2017 when i check again if its okey the same thing respond to me, the parts is not yet available as it was ordered outside qatar. s

i was so disappointed to vodafone now, first they are selling phones on a specific place but yet they don't have stock for any spare parts locally? and does it really you'll experience when buying a BRAND NEW VODAFONE unit?. 

sorry for the long post i just really disappointed  on my experience and upon knowing at the service center it will take a week or two weeks more.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@lynxace07 It's really disappointing to hear about the issues you've faced with the Vodafone Smart Platinum 7 and how long it has taken to be resolved. 

Our team in Vodafone Qatar will be happy to look into this more for you and see what can be done to resolve this.

vonlet

Mine started doing this last weekend. Then magically starting working -only to die again today. Took it into the nearest Vodafone store who completed a factory reset. Made no difference. It just kept going back to the 'powered by android' screenn, then rebooting. Was told the warranty was only 12months so any repairs would not be covered. Also - I am away from home, staying at my Mums' house as she's due have an operation tomorrow and needs home nursing for the 1st week afterwards.

Any repair would have to be returned to the same store as it was sent from - useless for me as I'm hoping to be back home by the time they say a repair would take (10 days). Also, I need to be able to keep in touch with the hospital while she's in for the couple of days they reckon she'll need to stay. Not happy with the customer service.

I was advised I could buy a new phone (without sim), keep the receipt and I 'should' get a full refund when my handset is repaired. Yeah, right. I can just see Vodafone giving me a refund on a used phone.

Only solution given? I have had to upgrade my phone several months earlier (my contract doesn't end until October) at a 'discounted penalty' of £30. Plus, the new contract will mean being tied for another 2 years and on a more expensive contract. What a total farce. I am not happy with Vodafone at the moment.

Hope you managed to get your phone sorted with less hassle than I've had.

hrym

I'm pretty sure the Vodfone warranty on all devices (except iPhones) is two years and that you've been misinformed.   Ditto about getting a refund if you purchase another device - I wouldn't trust that at all.

I haven't heard the question about geting a repair returned to another store being asked before, but it seems reasonable and I'd treat what you were told with the same suspicion as everything else, given the standard of accuracy so far.   I'm not saying it can be done, but I can't really see why not.

As to what you do while your phone is away, I'm afraid that's up to you.   Unless you have insurance of some kind, it'll be assumed that you'll make your own arrangements and the usual advice is to buy a cheap PAYG phone to use as backup.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@vonlet - @hrym is right in saying, your phone will be covered for warranty repairs for up to 24 months (if you’ve had it directly from Vodafone).

I’ve checked with our repair centre and they’ve confirmed, the phone would need to go back to the same store it was sent away from.

I’m sorry for any inconvenience this is causing. We can check your account notes, regarding the credit that you’ve been promised.

Please get in touch with us by following the instructions in this private message. 

I hope the operation went ok for your mum.

Hi all, I made the mistake of buying a smart platinum 7 too and have nothing but trouble with it and like others have found Vodafone's customer service inadequate. Mine kept turning itself off, getting hot and the back then started to come off the phone. This was within about 8 months of purchasing it. When I took it to the shop for repairs I was told my warranty was invalid as there were stickers missing from the battery. This phone is a sealed unit so must have been faulty from day one but I basically got accused of tampering with it. I eventually spoke to the managing directors assistant who offered me a second hand smart 6 as a replacement. Totally unacceptable so I just vowed to terminate my contract as soon as possible and put it down to experience. The phone lasted a few more months then went into the reboot mode mentioned by others where all I get is the android logo over and over but the phone won't turn on. After reading all the other posts, clearly a problem with the phone. I've lost everything that was in the phone, pics and videos that are irreplaceable. 

Sorry for the long post but just wanted to let everyone know how bad this phone is and how disappointed I was with Vodafone.  

macaire
hello to you family ... just to tell you that I too am very disappointed in vodafone smart platinum 7.I have the same problem as you, phone stuck on ignition (powered by android), I even already told me my problem here in this forum, but I see that just like me you have the same answers (you have to bring the phone back to the manufacturer), and I vodafone company was just recently in my country, but unfortunately the period or I had the problem, the company closed for reasons that I do not know. I even brought my phone to a phone repair company and a few weeks later they handed me the phone and told me that they can not repair it, I was shocked and I am always, every day I turn on my phone in the hope that it lights up ... I charge and other, but nothing.I you assure me that all my savings have been thrown into the water ... I can not even buy another phone phone ... all my social networks I am forgotten to connect me by machine (desktop), for a phone that has so much problem I think that at least vodafone should have less accessibility easy to repair their firmware as samsung For example, everywhere in the forums have a lot of phone or branding. Is this scam, customer negligence, or incompetence of the staff? Honestly I would never advise anyone to buy a device of this brand and even less than I myself will buy it ever again ...