Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Platinum 7 (VFD 900) Stuck on Powered by Android bootcycle

ZestyBeef
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hey everyone, I'll cut to the chase. My phone is stuck on the "Powered by Android" splash screen and is continuously trying to boot. Every 10 seconds or so the screen flashes black, the phone vibrates and the splash screen pops up again. I had the same issue earlier, but managed to fix by booting the phone from the recovery mode. Now I can't even access recovery mode and have completely lost control of the phone. Has anyone had this  problem before and can anyone help me resolve this issue? I'm definitely going to take into my local Vodafone shop when I can but I just want the thing to stop vibrating every few seconds, it's really iritating. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @ZestyBeef

Will the phone not shut down by long pressing the power button ?

Maybe a Hard Reset could help > Link > How to hard reset vodafone-smart-platinum-7.

It does sound like you will need to pop into your most local Vodafone Highstreet Store for them to take a look and if necessary send it off. Vodafone apply a 24 month manufacturing warranty but this wouldn't cover issues from water or a drop. 

Tip > 

Take time and date stamped pictures of the phone with one of it turned on to prove its aesthetic condition and ask the employee to note its condition. 
If the water sensor is visible then take a picture of that too. 

Repairs.
"Also make sure when sending your device for repair that you keep hold of your SIM. You also shouldn't send your memory cards, battery and/or back cover (if they're removable) - if these are included with your phone when it goes for repair we can't guarantee their return."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

29 REPLIES 29

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@macaire We'd love to help out with this and get the phone working again. However, we'd need to physically inspect the handset to determine the issue you're having with the start up of the phone.

Please can you outline the reason why you're unable to visit us in store? Do you currently live in the UK? 

Hi, no I do not live in the United Kingdom, I am currently in Cameroon. Infact the company vodafone was in Cameroon until January, after it closed, I do not know the reason for the closure.

Hi. 

I can visit in my local store but to be honest I didn't bother when I finally returned home as I received such rubbish service in your Truro branch (and the salesman saw for himself that it would not go past the 'starting android' screen even after he restored factory settings) that I didn't see the point. He stated it was definitely a hardware problem, not software, and wouldn't be covered as my handset was over 12 months old. Looking through your forum it would seem that I am far from the only person to have this issue. What happens nowif I taken the phone to my local store? I am certainly Not willing to pay for repairs when I have already been misled by your agent and charged an additional £30 because I was forced to upgrade early due to this misinformation. Will I be charged now! 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for clarifying @macaire. As you've stated you currently don't have a Vodafone store to visit in Cameroon, you do have the option of visiting a third party repair centre. We're sorry that we're unable to assist further to resolve this for you - should you ever be in the UK or any of our other Vodafone branches, our advisers in store will be happy to help.

@vonlet I'm sorry to hear that you had a poor experience in store. With any issues regarding software or hardware, we advise visiting your nearest store so they can complete further troubleshooting. You've mentioned that you've already done this, however as you're continuing to experience issues we'd advise arranging a repair. This will allow the dedicated team to complete further tests - as mentioned previously in the thread, your warranty covers 24 months. You can find more information regarding warranty here.

Jen2018
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

@ZestyBeef @BandofBrothers

This is my second Platinum 7 which has done the same thing.  

Currently the second phone is stuck on the 'Powered by Android bootcycle', which started last night - 5 July, and I agree is very irritating.

The first time it happened to my original phone was last year (August), where the phone switched itself off and did not turn back on.  I lost all of my data.  I have spoken with Vodafone through the Chat system, and they have recommended I do a back up - I am finding that tricky as my monitor will not pick up my phone.

Is the same thing going to happen again, where I take my phone into the shop, they give me a loan phone, my phone gets sent away, they can't fix it, I get given a new phone with all of my stuff gone?

Many thanks 

Jen

hrym

If the phone won't turn on, there's no way of accessing, I'm afraid.   Whatever happens, any content not previously backed up or sync'd with Google (or elsewhere) will be lost*.  That's why ongoing backups are essential - you never know when a device will fail or encounter problems.   Any repair will include a factory reset, so your content wouldn't be retrievable then either.

As this has happened twice, I'd be inclined to ask if you could try a different device (make/model).  AFAIK, this isn't a known or regular issue, but you'll always be worried that it's going to happen again unless you can pinpoint the cause.

* Emails should still be on the service provider's server, as will your contacts if they're stored there.  If you use Google calendar, that'll sync.  You should be able to re-download music, so that just leaves photos, which I hope you're syncing to Google or Dropbox.

Thank you @hrym 

The updates regularly and I have been syncing everything when asked to - it was my photos and texts I lost last time.  Texts not so important - it was the pictures of my newly born baby boy which I have lost and slightly concerned I may lose more and videos.

Music can re-downloaded, I agree.  If people need to get hold of me they can always make contact - then I save their names etc.  It is a pain in the bum but unfortunately it will need to be done.  I did lose my whole Calender last time - not entirely sure why.  I have been using it again on this second device and matching it to my Google.  Fingers crossed it stays put.

I will definitely be asking for a different device, the contract on this current phone runs out in October.  They may say no, but there is no harm in asking!    

Thank you

Jen

hrym

If you're using Gmail, keep your contacts on Google and they'll load automatically on any device you log into.   Same with Google calendar.   For simplicity, use the Google apps for these services and you shouldn't have a problem - being dedicated, they don't require any setting up.   You can log into your account on a pc to check that everything's up to date.

Texts don't get backed up and the network doesn't keep them.   There are specific apps that will back them up for you.  I don't use one, so can't advise, but check Google Play if you want to do this.

Hi sorry i replied to this comment but i dont know why i cant comment again. I post an issue way backast December 2017 . With having the same problem. Which i bought the phone last April 2017,  as per the service center they replace mother board and battery with in two weeks time. 

Well sad part after 8 months of having it repaired ( covered by the warranty)  same problem came back so i bring it back to the service center ( with 4 months expire of warranty).

now want to share my disappointment and sadness because they called me after a day. Saying that theres no more repair as Vodafone already stop making this model. I wonder we bought a phone and use it carefully, avoid to have a dents/fall, protect it from water so it can last long, and yet after 8 months of buying it. It will have a board problem. And after service  and wait after 9 months after the warranty ends you can't anymore use the phone as it is non repairable.

Sorry Vodafone Uk if my problem is being post here as Vodafone Qatar don't have a thread like this to help customer. 

I though VFD 900 will last long but i guess i just bought  a phone that have an expiration date. 

I Just lost my QR 1,200

everyone to this problem with this phone, myself I am a victim, having already posed my problem here. No manual repair is possible, amazing! They made it either with a planned date of hope, or it's a rip-off.
But, me i said I would never recommend this brand to my loved ones, because, if we get into trouble all over the world, it's because they do not have qualified people