Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Platinum 7 rebooting

alisonclark1965
4: Newbie

Hi

I have a Vodafone Smart Platinum 7 phone which has started to do random things:

1  Showing SMS messages as "delivering" when they had actually been delivered

2  Randomly rebooting itself (has happened twice today).  I have the bugreport but it doesn't mean much to me!

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in anticipation

10 REPLIES 10

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @alisonclark1965 if I was in your situation I would try a factory reset and see if that helps. If that doesn't help it will be worth returning the phone to a Vodafone store where they can send it off to get it checked or repaired.

Thanks, I will give that a try :Smiling:

63johnw

Make sure you back up anything important to ensure you don't lose it.

My first port of call would be to put the phone in Safe Mode (if the phone allows that) @alisonclark1965 which will turn off all the downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones alone which can then help you determine if its a rogue app.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you, will try this before doing a factory reset. 

If the safe mode dies not help then if your phone model allows it first clear the system file cache which is usually achieved but turning the device Off and then via a set series of button pressess that takes you into the phones file system and clear the system cache.

This process does not wipe any of your own info so no back up is needed.  

Current Phone  >

I found that Twitter seemed to be the culprit and causing the issues (I think!).  I removed it, cleared cache etc, restarted and re-installed.  All seems good so far.  Incidentally it was also causing issues sending SMS messages and since I did the work SMS now works fine too.

Thanks for al help and advice

Good to hear youve hopefully managed to weed out the rogue app.

Twitter though should not be causing conflict. 

If its important to have then access it via your url bar and perhaps send a bug report to the app developer. 

My Twitter app build is 7.27.0

Current Phone  >

I have that version of Twitter now, not sure what version I uninstalled.  Maybe just a rubbish update, who knows.  Phone has been fine today since I did the work yesterday evening