Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Tab 3 7 wifi greyed out

suec22
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My son's tablet shows it is connected to our network but the wifi indicator is greyed out and not downloading anything.

If i connect via my iphone hotspot the wifi indicator goes blue and everything works fine.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Problem resolved!

A setting on the router!

Thanks for your help

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @suec22

Try asking the tab to forget the network and deleting, reboot the tab and set the network up again using the WPS Wi-Fi button on the side of the router.

Hope it works and you have a connection through your home network.

Thank you for the suggestion but the bars are still grey and not downloading anything  

AnnS

Hi @suec22

It's a difficult one for sure.  Try the steps below.

Put the device onto flight mode

Turn on Wi-Fi

Turn off flght mode

Auto synchronisation needs to be turned on.

Thanks - have done that too, still no joy.

What is auto syncronisation?

hrym

I've had occasional problems with some wifi networks with various makes of phone/tablet.   It's possible it's a hardware incompatibility, but very hard to diagnose.   The fact that you can connect to your iPhone hotspot suggests that the tablet is working OK, but it would be worth trying it on a public network as well.

If you Forget the network and then do a re-scan, does your router identity appear in the list of available networks?   What happens if you simply log in again using the password - you should see "connecting ... obtaining IP address ... connected"?

There are various other things you could try, right up to a factory reset, but I doubt any of them will provide a fix, especially if you can (as I suspect you will) connect to an alternative network.

Problem resolved!

A setting on the router!

Thanks for your help

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@suec22 I'm glad to hear you're up and running! 

Don't hesitate to pop back if you've ever got any other questions, we'll be more than happy to help 😊