Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 - Aux Fix

Devils_11
2: Seeker

I found a fix that worked to solve the issue of the AUX port not working on my VF Smart Ultra 6 with the recent update.  Heaphones always worked without issue but when connecting a 3.5mm cable to my Kitchen speaker or Car AUX for handsfree it has not worked since the update.

So I tried a few things...but this is the only thing that worked...

-I bought a 3.5mm headphone splitter from ebay for just over a quid delivered (google/ebay this item, there are loads)

-I put the splitter in my phone, connected the 3.5mm cable up and sorted, back to a working phone again!

For some people this is no big deal, but for someone who always has their phone hooked up to a speaker likeme it was vital I found a fix!

Hope this helps some people...

2 REPLIES 2

Dbb

I bought a splitter but phone doesn't recognise it either ! So annoying !!  Any other suggestions?

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

This seems to have come about as a result of an Android update.   I'm not quite sure why aux out would have been disabled, altough most things like that are security-related.   It's possible that the wolution mentioned worked with a previous incarnation, but not with a later one.   It affects several makes (if Android, I'd assume all), so you may be stuck unless you can interpose a Bluetooth head unit.

One thing I did notice between Lollipop and Marshmallow was that the ability to use the phone as an audio head unit (ie to access phone content from a car audio system) had gone.  You now have to play from the phone as a push rather than pull from the car.  It's a minor thing, but means that you can't use the vehicle's hands-free options.