main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Android

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 VDF-995N

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi Everyone

I have a client who has a few hundred of the Smart Ultra 6 devices & they are getting failed update messages when trying to update to Android 6.0.1.

The following has been done;

• Devices wipe
  • Caches wiped
  • Updates tried over Wifi
  • Updates tried over 3G/4G

Does anyone have a zip file etc that i can download & update on the device ?

Thanks

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @SphereZA

Please see this previous thread, not sure it it also applies to the Ultra 6 and this will be something the forum team willl be able to confirm.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Android/Network-Error-when-checking-for-OTA-updates/td-p/2601766

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks but that is showing you onscreen guide on howto update... a very basic guide, as I stated ive done the cache wipes & device wipes so need the SD update for the device.

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

The problem seems to be that, if the device is made by ZTE, it's been caught up in the US/China trade war - that's what's referred to in the thread @AnnS has linked.  This will be resolved at some point but, until then, everyone else is collateral damage, sadly.

View more options
Highlighted

Ah Thanks!!

The link worked now & showed the US embargo, Thanks AnnS :Smiling:

View more options
Highlighted

I've got the update files for Marshmellow (324240B0479VDF-995NB01-UK09b) if you need, just tell me where to upload them.

View more options