Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 apps icons vanish

djg145
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello, When i go back to my main (home) page, it is blank - no icons are there, i cannot swipe the screen, all i can do is a restart, so annoying.

Whats going on?

4 REPLIES 4

hrym
17: Community Champion

That sounds like a resource issue.  How much storage space do you have left?   (You can check this by going into Settings|Storage|Internal (sometimes called Phone).

The fact that the icons reappear after a restart tends to comfirm this.   Does clearing recent apps also bring them back?

I'd suggest deleting anything you don't need - that would include apps and content.   I'd also recommend adding an sd card for content storage.   You can set the camera to use it by default (once the card is inserted, you may find that openign the camera offers you the option immediately).   You may also be able to set any music apps to download to it in the first instance.  Content already stored can be moved by using the built-in file manager app, though I'd recommend copying first and only deleting once you've confirmed that the files are safely in the new location.

Photos can also be backed up to cloud storage - Google Photos is good for this as its "high resolution" (actually slightly compressed) option doesn't count against your storage allowance.  The process is automatic and can be set to run over wifi only to preserve your mobile data.

It's also possible to move some apps to a card, although that's often less than satisfactory.   Simply using the card for content should be enough.

Hello hrym,

Thanks for replying - i have 0.92GB left on internal storage (total space is 5.02GB)  - i also have a 14.83GB SD card fitted, with 14.63GB still available.

At the moment I have Apps = 2.71 GB - Cached data = 0.96GB these are the two heavey weights.

Thank you

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@djg145 If you're still having the same issue with your icons, we'd need to look into this further. In this case, please contact us using the information in my private message.

hrym

0.92gb isn't a lot, but it's not impossibly small.   In the first instance, try clearing recent apps and also the app cache (go into Settings|Storage|Internal/Phone and then tap on Cache and accept the option to clear it).   When things start displaying oddly, it's usually an indication that there isn't a lot of working memory available, although the device should be trying to manage it as efficiently as possible.

It may be that you need to delete any apps you don't absolutely need, and also move any content (photos/music) to the sd card, if you haven't already.   5gb total isn't a lot and you do need to be fairly light on your feet to get the most out of it.