main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 - no ringtone

ddecks
2: Seeker

Same problem here. Fine until disconnected from Bluetooth then phone loses all ringtones until rebooted. Have done a full reset, no change. I use my van bluetooth every day and its a real pain to have to reboot every time I disconnect.

This problem is a real issue on a good phone, can you advise if a fix is planned please. This is clearly a software/firmware issue so see no value in returning phone. (I have all the updates installed)

Thanks

View more options
Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)

@ddecks

If you’re continuing to have problems with this, even after a factory reset, you’ll need to send the phone away for repair.

To find out what you need to do in order to get this sorted, take a look at our Vodafone repairs thread.

View more options
ddecks

Hi Wayne

Thanks for the quick reply. I have looked into this issue further as I still believe it to be a software issue, and possibly a Lollipop 5.1.1 only one.There are a number of posts relating to the same issue see :- http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/412099-no-sound-phone-calls-after-using-bluetooth...

Try going into Google Now menu and select 'Settings' > 'Voice' > "Ok Google" detection and only leave 'From the Google app' selected then return to the 'Voice' menu, select 'Hands-free and untick both Handsfree options, reboot phone (not sure you need to but I did).

So far, with several connects / disconnects to different Bluetooth devices I have not lost the ringtone once, its early days I know but certainly better than before. 

Will keep monitoring but am away for a few weeks and will probably not use Bluetooth devices for that period.

Thanks again

parrymike
4: Newbie

Identical problem. After attending store advised to return to Vodafone, which I did and bought another as I need a phone for work. New phone is still doing the same and have to reboot if I receive a call whilst connected to bluetooth. Real issue and by the way despite receiving an email from Vodafone on 15th Dec. have not received either the phone back or a refund.

View more options
MPW1

...but surely if we revert back to the former firmware we lose all the other benefits of the Android upf=grade. Come on Vodafone, give us some support here please! Surely you can't just be content to allow this major issue to continue to exist?

View more options
MPW1

Come on Vodafone!

At least put a response up to this to show that you care about your customers. Thi is evidently a fairly general problem.

If the only solution is to turn Bluetooth off that can't be right or satisfactory. If there is a software glitch please at least tell us what you are doing about it (if anything).

This is causing serious inconvenience and is ruining the experience of what is otherwise a very good phone.

View more options
recymech67
3: Seeker

Hi All,

Has their been a fix for this problem yet? Not really good enough as it's my work phone to realise that you are missing valuable calls!

Can i presume Vodaphone's answer is to send it back for however long?

View more options
parrymike

Having no response from Vodafone is pretty poor, is there any point in these forums if 'they' ignore comments. If the ringer does not work is the phone 'fit for purpose' under the sale of goods act?

View more options
StockportGerbil

For what it's worth I did do a factory reset and the problem re-occured after a couple of days 😞

View more options
wolfie_151

im having exactly the same problem, are vodafone going to do anything about it??????????, im thinking of going to trading standards as this model is not fit for purpose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive only had the phone 2 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. come on vodafone, admit there's a problem with this model or are you going to keep fobbing people off???????????????? guarentee they'll be no answer

View more options
ianpeppard

Hello All. Im having the same problem but never realised it might be related to using the bluetooth in my car, it kind of makes sense. However, this must abe a software issue, a factory reset or sending it for repair will simply do nothing other than waste our time. Vodafone, please acknowledge this as a software problem and let us know that you are working on an update that you can send out so that we do not assume we have entered a contract, you have our money and now you do not care. Help your customers and show us you deserve for us not to move network providers when it comes to contract renewals. Come on Vodafone,......help your customers

View more options
ddecks
Three weeks + of not using Bluetooth, no issues at all.
Vodafone should have the decency to acknowledged this issue. Factory reset / send for repair is wasting everyone s time and money.
It could certainty be argued that, given that the basic requirement of any phone is to ring, this phone is not fit for purpose.
Come on Vodafone....
View more options
Retired-Charles
Moderator (Retired)

@wolfie_151 @ddecks @ianpeppard - As Wayne has already mentioned, unfortunately we can only offer a repair.

View more options
parrymike

This is risible, what will you repair???? I have had 3 of these phones and they all suffer the same problem. How many times can we say its a software issue and Vodafone must take ownership of this. Please Vodafone get your act together and either change the software or give us our money back and withdraw the phone from sale

View more options
recymech67

Morning wolfie_151,

So, the answer is to bring the devices in for repair. There are 5 staff where i work all with the same problem (these are our work phones and we are not office based most of the time). I presume you will provide us all with a replacement handset whilst these are being repaired?

Can you please tell me what the repair will consist of?

Many thanks and i look forward to your reply. 

View more options
Retired-Charles
Moderator (Retired)

@recymech67 - Here is the repair process and where available a replacement handset will be provided.

@parrymike - The repair will determine that the phones bluetooth facility isn't faulty.

View more options
MPW1
From all that has been said are you really still saying that this is a fault with the phone rather than software? It is not credible for you to claim that you are not aware of what the problem is here, given the number of customers impacted. I agree with the previous poster that your response is risable and to point customers to the standard T and Cs in respect of repairs when you have been asked a direct question about what repairs will be undertaken is frankly insulting. If, as an individual you don't know the answer to the issues being brought up here then you should ask someone who does understand to respond rather than simply to fob us all off - your action so far is so inadequate that it just causes further irritation, though I suppose we should be pathetically grateful that someone from Vodafone has actually bothered to respond at all.

Users will really not wish to become a hostage to fortune by returning their phones, other than as a very last resort. This is because we will probably all have previously experienced Vodafone's administrative ineptitude in the past - I certainly have, and on more than one occasion. Users will be worried that their phone will simply fall into the "black hole" that is ( in the loosest possible sense of the phrase) Vodafone's "customer service".

Let's face it, Vodafone just doesn't care about things like this until it reaches scandal status, as it did with the " new system" fiascos last year.

I have written to you (by post) to make a formal complaint today, though judging by your lamentable response the last time I had to do so I will not be holding my breath.

If only there was another provider that I could use...
View more options
recymech67

Hi Charles,

I asked what the repair would consist of, as there are so many people suffering exactly the same problems with this device, that surely you have identified the cause and cure by now from the other devices you have received, which as you have said requires a repair rather than a software update.

So, back to my original question, can you please tell me what physical repair fixes this problem, and additionaly, how long does this repair take as i am reluctant to "lose" my phone indefinately.

Once again, many thanks for your anticipated assistance and i look forward to your reply.

View more options
Retired-Charles
Moderator (Retired)

@recymech67 - Sorry, as I'm not involved in the repair process I couldn't answer that for you.

View more options
recymech67

Charles,

Many thanks for your speedy reply. Can this question not be given to the relevant repair agency to answer and be posted back onto this forum to answer the growing number of  enquiries?

View more options