main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 - no ringtone

ddecks
2: Seeker

Can Vodafone explain the definition of the role of 'Tech' as my 7 year old granddaughter could post the responses we are getting from them.

If there is a hardware problem with the phone and the techs are confident a 'repair' will fix it they must surely know what the fault is to recommend this course of action.They should relay this to the increasing number of people with this potentially serious (in terms of missed calls) issue. 

The phone is manufactured by ZTE and appears to be a clone of the ZTE Blade S6+. I cannot find any reported problems of the same nature with that phone.

Not good enough Vodafone.....nowhere near

View more options
wolfie_151

when are vodafone going to realise this is a growing problem and that it is NOT going to go away? I too have been a victim of your repair service in the past. As discussed with citizens advice today you are contracting phones that are not fit for purpose, next step trading standards it would seem

View more options
vrup1
3: Seeker

Complete waste of time sending the phones off for repair now. The following messages have been posted on two social media pages recently by Vodafone Reps:

"Hi Folks,

As there were a handful of customers experiencing the same, we have carried out some tests and have been able to replicate the issue. We're currently looking into a fix,

Apologies for any inconvenience caused".

"Our engineers are currently investigating the cause. We are doing our utmost to resolve this issue as soon as possible".

"We are aware of the issue. We are still working on a fix with this and will hopefully have the issue fully resolved soon".

Link: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057546824/1

View more options
superbikerider6
4: Newbie
Shocking lack of care - even the answers given by staff on here are insulting and condescending - they couldn't be more obvious in telling us all they dont give a ##~## if they tried
View more options
parrymike
Is anything happening about this. Vodafone in Ireland are aware of issue and are working on it what is happening please
View more options
Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Guys,

I can understand how frustrating this must be.

It does sound like it could be down to a software issue. I'd suggest waiting for a future update which may fix this.

View more options
parrymike
At least this acknowledges that there may !! be a software problem. We are advised to wait and a future update may fix this. So we have to labour on with a phone that has a major fault. Vodafone have our money and presumably are still selling this phone. What a ridiculous state of affairs
View more options
Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)

@parrymike

We would still recommend sending the phone for a repair so that our engineers can take a closer look and establish what the issue is.

We also have a firmware statement which answers any faq's.

View more options
superbikerider6
I bet you lot aren't using the Ultra 6 - then again maybe you are which is why you reply so little as its on silent but you didn't know! Crap!!!
View more options
parrymike
But the phones have all got the same problem. Get a new one out of the box, connect to Bluetooth and then ring the phone. Guarantee that after you done this ringtone will be silent until phone rebooted
View more options
superbikerider6
The only way I can keep using this phone is by buying a Mi Fit band - it vibrates when I get a call so it helps as I never know if my phone will ring or not. I'm speaking to trading standards on Monday, I believe this phone is not fit for purpose as it is and its less than 12 months old and under warranty. I'd love to speak to Watchdog as well if I can and get this shambles and terrible Vodafone service aired
View more options
vrup1

@Sukhi wrote:

@parrymike

We would still recommend sending the phone for a repair so that our engineers can take a closer look and establish what the issue is.

We also have a firmware statement which answers any faq's.

Why would anyone send the phone off for repair now when your company has said there is a problem which they have replicated and are now looking into it. 

I personally have been put through hell with this thus far. I've been told to "ring this person and that", been made out to be an idiot, lied too, members in your company lying to your Vodafone store staff... it's absolutely disgusting what has and is going on, not to mention totally unacceptable.

6 weeks now I have three of these phones that do not function as a phone, all with the same issue, funny coincidence that don't you think? You know there's an issue, you can't give a straight answer as to what is wrong nor can you give a timeframe on a fix for the issue or even if it will be fixed. It's quite clear to me that Vodafone have been trying to keep this quiet up until the last few days, you should be ashamed of yourselves! And if that wasn't bad enough, you won't refund people and you continue to sell a broken product, you really do have no morals at all or care.

It doesn't matter what country you live in, the same rules apply when it comes to the sale of an item. You have a product which is clearly faultly, has been for weeks now with no date for a fix, a device which is suppose to function as a phone but no longer does. Under the "sales of goods act" the customer is entitled by law to either a repair, replacement or refund, period! You can't offer a repair, that's been made pretty obvious, no point replacing the phone with the same again as it's effecting all of the phones in question so your next redress is to give a full refund. 

In my case 6 weeks now with these phones not working, it's totally unacceptable and I should be refunded! 

View more options
Mark

@superbikerider6

We'd be happy to take a look at your phone, please contact us for more information regarding booking it in for repair

View more options
parrymike
What's the point we know the phone has a software issue and everybody's phone is the same. As I have said (as do so many others here) I have had three phones and they all had identical problems. I also have severe worries about letting Vodafone loose on the phone, sure to lose it somewhere in your system. The first phone I returned within the required 7 days, it was acknowledged as received but nearly 3 months later still not had my money back.
View more options
ddecks

Re my post on 6/2/2016

Have resumed use of Bluetooth devices with settings as per my post and have not lost the ringtone once.

This would seem to prove that the problem is definitely software related as just about everyone (except the 'Tech Guys') on here has already sussed.

I would appreciate any feedback to this forum from anyone who has had the same success as me just in case this is a one off.....

View more options
ddecks

Quick update....Ringtone gone again after Bluetooth call  :Sad_face:

Come on Vodafone, get it sorted....

View more options
MPW1
Mine too. The phone seems to need to be rebooted following each Bluetooth connection or if you just turn the ringer volume to zero and then turn it up again. Because you can't tell that someone is calling you unless the reboot has taken place this effectively renders the phone useless...at least as a "phone".

After weeks of hopeless responses on this forum from Vodafone staff I have made a formal complaint by post to Vodafone (details of how to do so are on website). I have sent a transcript of the dialogue on this forum to shows how inept the so called " tech" responses have been.

I've had cause to complain in this way to Vodafone on a previous occasion and I have to say that the response was not great. The problem was eventually solved but they never did respond to my complaint. However, it is important that everyone follows the process prescribed if you then have to go to Trading Standards, or to small claims court, as I suspect will happen - frankly, Vodafone as an organisation just does not care about dissatisfied individual customers like us. Their culture is the problem - corporate success simply requires that an ILLUSION of service is created. They don't actually have to provide any.

I would urge all users to go through the motions of a complaint though. Someone might actually pick up on this at some stage and then action might be taken to improve this organisation's woeful performance for customers.

Oh, and bashing the individual "techs" is probably counter productive. They can't help the fact that they are utterly ignorant of these problems and that they appear not to be trained at an even basic level in dealing with unhappy customers. Let's face it, they have enough problems already.
View more options
rwalton159

I'm fed up with this. I'm missing calls.

Can't recall this happening prior to the update.  I'm thinking of rooting the phone and putting the previous stock ROM on.

View more options
Custard
Has anyone successfully rooted this phone?
View more options
StockportGerbil

Hi!

I too have this problem and after speaking to your online support, they said take it to the shop. I did and your colleague there said he was happy to send it for repair, but all that will happen is they'll put the current firmware bac on and do a factory reset, which I've already done.

So there didn't seem alot of point in sending it for repair.

Do you have any news on when a fix for this firmware problem will be made available?

Thanks

View more options