main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 - no ringtone

rwalton159
3: Seeker
There are instructions on the Modaco website on how to root the phone.
View more options
Custard
Thanks rwalton159 I'll take a look
View more options
rwalton159
Custard, info on this site:
http://androidgoroot.com/how-to-root-vodafone-smart-ultra-6/

I've not rooted mine. I'm thinking about it as flashing to 5.0.1 might resolve the issue.
View more options
superbikerider6
4: Newbie
I think that's the only option now, I was trying to avoid it cos of having to back everything up and reload but VodaCrap aren't sorting it so what else is there? Are there custom ROMs on there?
View more options
rwalton159
View more options
Custard
Is there a marshmallow ROM out there?
View more options
rwalton159
Not that I know Custard. If there was it would be on modaco.

I did come across one site offering it but the rom was split into three parts and you had to sign up to surveys. Scam to be sure.

If anyone swaps the rom, please let us know how you go on ☺
View more options
superbikerider6
OK, I tried to put on the stock 5.02 ROM from Modaco just by using the standard recovery on the phone without rooting - it wouldn't let me do it as it spots on installing that I have a newer version and won't 'upgrade' to an older one.

So I rooted the phone with Kingroot - tried the Play store Kingroot which wouldn't do it, then I tried the desktop one - failed first time, worked on the second (make sure you have USB debugging enabled.)

Then I put on the ROM from Modaco - the one based on the Turk Rom I think it is - bloat free. I didn't use the Flux one as people are still getting the same problem with it.

Tested the phone this morning and at the moment its all good - no silent ringtone yet!

Chrome doesn't seem to be working but haven't messed with it as I like Firefox any way.

WiFi, Bluetooth, messaging, play store all working.

Give it a go - only way I think.

Thanks for nothing Vodashite!
View more options
Custard
Thanks for the feedback. Not sure I'm brave enough to do it. Don't know if I can live without chrome!
View more options
superbikerider6
I'll see if I can get it working
View more options
parrymike
I'm sticking to a more run of the mill approach. I have followed other's advice and written formally to Vodafone. If the phone is rerooted will Vodafone not be absolved if any responsibility as the phone has had ' unauthorised ' alterations. There again they are taking no responsibility anyway! Rubbish firm. We need a few if us to approach trading standards and even small claims court action perhaps?
View more options
MPW1
I think you're right to say that rooting the phone will just mean that Vodafone will not help you, though I can't say that what they are doing (or not) at the moment is any better.

No reply to my complaint yet. I will give them a further week and then off to Trading Standards. Too much effort, I agree. But there's a point of principle here.

I know the phone's not an expensive one, but it should still work and this company, however huge and powerful they are should not be able to just ignore their customers as they are doing.

I would encourage others to do likewise, but we all have busy lives, dont we...which of course is what corporations with a zero service ethic rely upon.
View more options
parrymike
Can go only agree. They rely on inertia. It has got to a point of principle even though after over 16 years with Vodafone I'm going to tesco mobile want to pursue this , as they are so appaling. I don't do Facebook or Twitter but those that do may be able to get it back to Vodafone easier
View more options
superbikerider6

I understand what you are saying - Vodafone really want to be taken to task over this. 

But i have got to say - after rooting and putting on a different ROM last night it has been fab to have a phone that actually rings today! I've had Bluetooth on and off, switched it to silent and back again and its all working as it should. The phone has lost its bloatware, its quicker and no Vodacrap branding on start up.

The only thing i have found not working is Chrome - its weird as the Now Google on the home screen works fine but Chrome doesnt load pages. Not a problem - using Mozilla which seems faster and if thats the only trade off to being able to hear the phone ring and not miss work as i am self employed, i am happy to take that.

I'd love to stick to my guns and keep emailing, phoning and complaining but for a couple of hours fiddling i've now got a faster, better interface phone that rings!!!!!! So its worth considering. 

View more options
Custard
I'm going to load opera,Firefox and see if they meet my needs. If yes then I'll go for the new ROM
View more options
parrymike
Have you actually received a call while on Bluetooth? Rather than just connected ,/ disconnected?
View more options
superbikerider6
Yes, and also had the Mi Band connected to Bluetooth all day - all notifications are working. I've tried to get the bug to show but it hasn't. Also got Xposed with the new ROM - never knew what it was but it has great mods.

If you go for it Dont worry if it takes a long time to boot up on the first load - mine did and from the thread its normal. The phone may also say low memory after a boot up - mine has once - just reboot again and its fine.

I am very happy with it at the moment
View more options
recymech67

Hi anyone from Vodaphone,

So, it's been a while now since you told us that you were looking at / working on new firmware.

Can you please tell the community where you are with this, and when the solution to the faults we are all having will be released? After all, since the reports of faults started being reported, it seems to be taking you a rather long time to come up with a solution.

Many thanks and i look forward to your anticipated assistance.

View more options
wolfie_151
2: Seeker

any news on the "fix" for the software??????? sick and tired of being pushed from pillar to post, even your shop staff say a repair is pointless as its a software problem.Totally fed up of having to reboot the phone after every bluetooth call. At this rate ill be glad when my contract is up and i can move to another network!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View more options
MPW1
I fear that we are all wasting our time if we are expecting a meaningful response from Vodafone, though I would be very happy to be proven wrong...
View more options