main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 - no ringtone

vrup1
3: Seeker

They don't give a dam here in Ireland :robotfrustrated:

View more options
superbikerider6
4: Newbie
If you can get your head around how to root my advice is to go for it. Since I did it 3 days I've had zero problems with ringtones and notifications. Also made me realize how bad Voda's version of Lollipop is. The messaging app is so much better, my LED notifications work for the first time and its so much quicker. Xposed is really good too - some fab mods. The whole ROM just works so much better and in slick. If you are waiting for Voda to fix this you will be waiting a very long time and I dont think they will sort it until they maybe roll out Marshmallow on them - that's if they do!
View more options
rwalton159
Superbikerider6, is there a particular rom you need relevant to the ultra phone you have? If not can you post a link to the rom you used please.
View more options
ChazzD

Hi all,

We don't have specific information to give out regarding firmware updates and fixes. This is outlined in our firmware statement

Thanks.

View more options
recymech67

Hi ChazzD,

So you cannot confirm if there is a fix for the problem that everyone is experiencing with this Vodaphone branded handset?

We need to be told something as i and i'm sure plenty of others on this forum will probably need to replace this useless handset for something more reliable. As already stated, there are many of us that use this handset for business and cannot rely on missing more calls than we know about.

I think we have been very patient up to now waiting to hear some news other than take it in for a repair which doesn't seem to be available as you don't appear from the replies on here to know what to do to fix it?

Many thanks and i look forward to your anticipated assistance.

View more options
superbikerider6
The basics of a phone is it rings and you answer it - you can buy one for a fiver and it'll do that and these won't! If that response from Voda above isn't enough to prove to you all they don't give a ##~## and aren't gonna fix it then I don't know what will! I'll post links to the ROM etc when I get home.
View more options
Custard
Thanks Superbiekerider6. Any luck with Chrome?
View more options
superbikerider6

OK - links if you decide to fix this yourself.

First download Kingroot here - http://kingroot.net/ - the program comes up in chinese (unless i download the chinese version!) but there is a video on youtube here that gives you guidance what to press - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGyjvvRwqbk

Make sure you enable developers options and then USB debugging first - i didnt and Kingroot hung when i did it first. Worked fine second time.

Then download TWRP recovery image and install as described here - http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/375554-recovery-twrp-2870/

Once you have TWRP and root done, you can download the ROM and put it on your external memory card - restart the phone to TWRP recovery and install from SD. MAKE SURE YOU DO THE SUGGESTED WIPES ON TWRP RECOVERY BEFORE INSTALLING THE ROM FROM SD - ALL EXPLAINED IN THE PAGE NOTES. That ROM and instructions are here - http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/376782-speedy-rom-debloated-debranded-deodexed-android-511-mr02b/

Chrome doesnt work but the 'Now Google' does on the home screen. I now use Firefox as well and its a better browser. When you first install the ROM it takes ages to boot up, i thought it had crashed and restarted the phone but it does just take ages. If you get a message saying low memory when it boots up just restart the phone and it clears itself.

I've loved it and do have a smug feeling of now having a working phone with much better than standard ROM.

I know it looks daunting to do all the above but if i can manage it then you can. Most teenagers will also have enough knowledge to help.

Make sure you back up data as of course its all wiped with the new ROM

View more options
rwalton159
Cheers Superbikerider6 ☺
View more options
DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to see the frustration this has caused.

As advised previoulsy, all the information we have can be seen on our Firmware statement.

We'll be happy to look at the devices as a repair.

To find out what you need to do in order to get this sorted, take a look at our Vodafone repairs thread.

View more options
recymech67

Hi David CD,

I think it's probably best not to reply with answers like the one you have just posted. You obviously do not understood the frustration felt by all of the people posting on here that feel completley ripped off by Vodaphone and their lack of support for a defective handset.

OK you have said you will repair it. Please explain the nature of the repair!

Oh, hang on, we've already had that reply as well, which again told us that you don't know as you are not the repairers.

Please do post on here when you have something new to report with regards to either refunding everyone, or finally sorting out the problems.

View more options
parrymike
Can't agree more its just insulting. Vodafone badge and sell this phone its no way to great loyal customers.
They and we know that they cannot do a repair, even a replacement phone will have the same issue.
View more options
superbikerider6

DaveCD - are you just taking the mickey?

Have all Voda staff decided to pop on every few days and say the same thing just to wind everyone up!?

DaveCD - can i refer you to my firmware statement i have made just for 

you - [Removed by Moderator]

:smileyvery-happy:

View more options
rwalton159

Used Kingroot to root and tested the root = all ok

Copied TWRP to Phone = Used Flashify to install (Terminal Emulator is a pain)

Copied rom to sd card

Cleared Data, Dalvik and Cache c/o TWRP

Now installing rom

:Smiling:

View more options
Audioslim
Just bought this phone and the no ringtone problem showed within 24 hours. This is the most basic of functions which simply has to work. Sending the device for repair is NOT going to solve anything this is CLEARLY not a hardware issue, neither is non comital statements from Vodafone staff. Treat this problem with the priority it deserves. Contact zte urgently, issue an official statement telling us that you have, tell zte to release a fix as a matter of urgency and above all else act like a respectable company before you have a deluge of complaints and are taken to court under then sales of goods act.

I find it unacceptable that I am even writing this.
View more options
parrymike
Hi audio slim, if you bought from shop advise you to take it back and ask for money back. If you bought on line be careful I bought first one on line and after two days issue developed. Had to send back and three months later still not got my money back despite sending a recorded delivery letter to the disgrace that is Vodafone. I wish that I could get away with such appalling service and remain in business
View more options
LesPaul

Hi just want to add my voice to the frustration on this. I have the misfortune of having a Vodaphone (not very) smart (hardly) Ultra 6 with Andriod 5.1.1. had exactly the same problem, no incoming ringtone. The public posts here have enabled me to do a fix (take off bluetooth and reboot), anyone with with slightest hint of intellegence reading this discussion can see it is a software issue caused by bluetooth ...and what does the Vodaphone tech support do ....say send phone in for repair - that will do nothing you idiots READ WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING!. How (and I'm restraining more colourful wording here) stupid and moronic and uncaring do Vodaphone look. It's as if don't care a damn about costumers. They should replicate the problem and sort out a software fix. The tech team either have a combined IQ of about 20 or they sit there laughing at people like us saying 'oh just stick a post about sending it in for repair to shut them up, job done'. I think they need to apologise for their flippant non caring attitude on this discussion and thank the public posting on here for sorting out a problem cause when they were either too stupid to or couldn't be bothered. if anyone plans to make a complaint about them add my name to the list.

View more options
LesPaul

well I've made a complaint to Vodaphone about the tech support team that have answered on this discussion on the basis they are either completely stupid and shouldn't be in any tech team or they can't be bothered to properly deal with the complaint. I suggest other people do the same. I copy and pasted the forum address bar data into an on-line chat and made the complaint. The tech support on here are clearly taking the 'michael'

View more options
LesPaul

Dear vodaphone tech team

If you are bothered to read what customers have posted here you will clearly see there is a software issue, any idiot can see that. the clever public posted comments (and I thank them) have found an annoying but temp fix for the problem. can you please explain to us all why it is suggested that us customers should have to take time to get our phone into a shop, then be without it for a long length of time and then have to inconvenience to than have to collect it again for what will clearly be a waste of time as there is a software error with bluetooth blocking the ringtone. can someone from the tech team (and I know you'll read this, so a non reply will be considered as blantent ignoring) explain:

1) why advice was to take the phone for repair when clearly that would be a huge waste of time, energy and money for the customers.

2) can you also explain why no one bothered to try and replicate the problem & fix to confirm what we are saying?

3) And finally can you explain what you are there for, if it is just to answer everything without reading what the problem is with 'send phone for repair' then why don't you just get a automated response set up and not waste everyone's time waiting thinking they might get an intellegent response from someone who knows what they are talking about

can someone have the decency to respond to us all on the matter

View more options
Audioslim

http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/help/vodafone-smart-ultra-6-t3143952/page240

Seems to indicate an update is available for the portuguese version of this phone to fix bluetooth issues amongst others.  Heres hoping... Why I have to go searching for snippets of info on XDA is beyond me though!.

Useless vodafone!

View more options