main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 - no ringtone

vrup1
3: Seeker

My god Vodafone customer support here in Ireland is an absolute joke! 9 weeks now I've been put through hell and still no resolve, promised a full refund last week by a manager and now told that's not the case??? Court now!

View more options
MPW1
4: Newbie

If someone from the "tech" team at Vodafone should hapen to see this post, please could you ask one of your managers to come onto the forum to discuss this, if only to show that someone in your organisation cares to the extent that they will at least respond? I have received no response to my formal complaint to Vodafone (not really surprised at this, given previous experience). My only logical next step is to make a formal complaint to Trading Standards. I wonder if Ofcom can help too, given that Vodafone have ignored the written complaint that I have made?...I will investigate that (more wasted time). I would urge all other users with this problem to go down the same routes (Trading Standards and Ofcom). It is only by making a fuss that anything will be done, as has been evidenced by other problems with Vodafone service in the past (one of which affected my service very badly).

To show such ignorance of legitimate customer complaints to this degree is a complete disgrace, not to say dissapointingly (but predictably) arrogant. Unfortunately one of our phones (my wife's) is on a contract which lasts for another 18 months, so she can't easily take the action that I will probably take in the short term - simply to give up with my Ultra 6 handset to use another phone which actually works. She is left paying for a phone which simply does not work properly in its fundamental function...as a phone which rings when a call comes in!

Of course, I've already paid for my handset outright, so I now have to regard the money spent as essentially lost already and Vodafone will rely on people not thinking that pursuing a relatively small loss is really worth the effort. We should really endeavour to prove them wrong in that respect, if only for the sake of the principle involved.

View more options
MPW1

To add to my previous post. I've read the firmware statement following the link posted by ChazzD. This essentially says that Vodafone will not reply to any firmware questions raised on the forum. Not very helpful!

This being the case, can I please ask one of the "tech" team to at least confirm that the concerns and issues expressed on this thread have been passed to "the business"? The firmware statement does say that this will be done and I don't think it is too much to ask that someone from Vodafone confirms that your own procedure has been or is going to be followed.

Can I also ask that someone from Vodafone advises the many dissafected users posting here how best to make a complaint to Vodafone that will actually gain a response? It is clear from my opwn experience that Vodafone does not follow its own procedures in this respect either, so maybe we are all missing something.

View more options
vrup1

Have it here in "black & white" from Vodafone last night that I am going to be refunded.

View more options
chrisbarker344
2: Seeker

Had my Smart Ultra for 3 weks now and loved it ...until this started happening. I bought mine through Amazon and they would simply replace it, but obviously I 'll just get the same problem. Vodafone, you need to fix this now. I paid for something I can't use. It's a software issue. When will the fix be ready. If you don't get this sorted quickly yor CEO will be on Watchdog and Vodafone's reputation will be in tatters. A response other than return for a repair would be good.DO NOT IGNORE

View more options
Audioslim

Total silence from Vodafone still. Quite unbelievable really.

View more options
Custard

So I have made the decision. Unlocked the phone using a code from eBay for £4. Now advertising the phone on eBay as sim free and hope to get around £90.

Goodbye Vodafone

View more options
superbikerider6
Problem is you may get a negative feedback/PayPal claim when they find out about the ringtone issue. Vodafone can get away with shocking service but you may find it harder
View more options
rwalton159
Changed the rom and still get the no ringtone issue after Bluetooth
View more options
superbikerider6
Yes me too now, thought it was OK as had used Bluetooth OK but used a new headset yesterday and lost the ringtone!! It needs to be a ROM based on the old software, not 5.1
View more options
rwalton159
Is there a rom we can change to? I also miss Chrome
View more options
Audioslim
Problem is only if you receive a call via BT from what I can tell
View more options
rwalton159
I read about turning Google Now off to fix the issue..
View more options
MPW1
Have never had Google Now turned on and still have the ringtone problem.

Vodafone has ignored my written complaint made over 3 weeks ago. Off to Trading Standards next week when they reopen after Easter.
View more options
parrymike

With my phones its any call that comes through bluetooth, it does not matter if its via BT or any other provider.

View more options
Audioslim
I meant over Bluetooth not via British telecom!
View more options
Custard

Its gone! Sold on eBay for £89. Now using Moto G 2nd Gen running Marshmallow. Fantastic.

The money will go towards a new OnePlus3 when it comes out in the summer.

Hope you guys get your problems sorted. Hit Vodafone where it hurts - in the pocket.

View more options
Audioslim

My phone just popped up a new update message. Currently downloading. I know nothing more at this point but just hope it fixes our bluetooth call issue/no ring.

I'll post back once I've had chance to test it.

View more options
parrymike

mine too, says that it will improve bluetooth connectivity, not convinced but watch this space!

View more options
Audioslim
Just tested. Seems to have fixed the issue. Early days of course/just a single test..
View more options