main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 - no ringtone

StockportGerbil
3: Seeker

Funnily enough someone has just ported a version of Cyanogenmod onto the phone which would probably fix the problem as well. See http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/376995-resurrection-remix-559/#comment-2273110

View more options
recymech67

Just manually searched for software updates and the latest is downloading as we speak. Fingers crossed. Thanks for letting us know Audioslim

View more options
parrymike
4: Newbie
Well I've tried it a couple of times through Bluetooth and it seems to have done the trick. After all this time I am really surprised that it is successful.
If Vodafone have been working on this why have they not posted a message before telling us what they are doing and I would have thought that they should have posted a message saying the update was available.
View more options
superbikerider6

Yaaaaaay!!

Well after i first posted this at the start of January Voda have finally done something by the looks of it.

Shame they couldnt keep us all informed on here - what's that all about?

I managed to revert back to stock ROM and installing the new update now.

Lets hope we can now all get on with a phone that rings!!

Thanks to everyone for bugging Voda and helping to get this sorted.

:smileywink:

View more options
rwalton159
I also reverted to stock and updated the software.
View more options
MPW1
Sounds hopeful and I echo thanks of others for pursuing this. My phone has just updated and I will only post again if it doesn't work.

In the meantime I will still pursue my complaint with Vodafone. It's just not acceptable that they ignore their customers in the way that they have over this matter and others over the past couple of years. Others at the complaint stage should consider doing so too, I think, otherwise we will all be on here again struggling to resolve something else...
View more options
Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, 

We released a software update yesterday to resolve this issue. 

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

View more options
greggy007
2: Seeker
How do I get this update? I've checked and none available (Ireland) still problematic here...... Pain in the h%£e!!!!
View more options
greggy007
How do I get this update Kay???
View more options
drey_p
16: Advanced member

You have to be patient and wait for the update to roll out to your device as updates are typically done in stages.

You've not made it clear if you're in Northern Ireland or Republic of Ireland.  If the latter, you'd need to contact Vodafone IE for further information as the update may not be available with them yet. 

PWIAC

View more options
greggy007
I'm in the republic of Ireland. Don't really understand why geography would matter in relation to a software fix that's not network related! Anyway..... Thanks for your reply and I will ring Vodafone IRL today.
View more options
greggy007
Rang Voda Irl, waste of oxygen. But after googling other forum....Voda IRL expect an update within the week. PS....I've noticed that its not all Bluetooth devices that trigger the fault.....
View more options
bigeric

Since installing this software update in March I have been unable to connect my garmin Vivoactive smartwatch to my phone via the Garmin Connect App.  All was well until the update, I have since conducted a factory reset on the phone, on the watch, deleted and re-installed the app, blagged a new watch from Garmin and proved it works fine with another phone.  All other Blue Tooth connectivity works but Garmin conect (on the phone) will not connect to the watch via blue tooth (direct connection between the devices is not an option, data flows via GC using BT, or it would if they would only pair).  Is it possible to roll back the software update - my phone history is blank since I conducted the factory reset, A smart watch is not that smart if it cannot connect to the internet!  Many thanks

View more options
DougSkillicorn
1: Seeker

I welcomed the post about installing Audiomanager to correct the problem of no ringtone on incoming calls.  However there seem to be multiple apps on the Google Playstore with the title Audiomanager, at least five when I tried today.  I installed the one by Smart Android Apps, LLC and it appears to work, I have tested it by ringing my phone from another mobile, and it rings my chosen ringtone from Dredge and vibrates as well. Whether it will continue to do so, I will have to wait and see.  This phone updated to 5.1.1.yesterday and half of my selected ikons had disappeared and had to be re installed on home screens from the all apps pages. Notifications that I had turned off, were turned on and after I had turned sound to Off Indefinately, websites opened with sound on max. Very disappointed with the behaviour of this otherwise great phone.

View more options
Retired-Tom
Moderator (Retired)

@DougSkillicorn I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

@greggy007 If your device was supplied by Vodafone IE then you'd need to speak to them to resolve any issues. We can only assist with Vodafone UK queries and devices.

View more options
spotbot1

I had exactly the same problem with mine and my Wife's, so bad that I bought 2 new Moto G5's and replaced them. I got no help from Vodafone and had sent both phones back for repair previously only to be billed £68+ for 1 being damaged, even though I sent it back in a Jiffy Bag & bubble wrapped, some bright spark forwarded it from MPD to Vodafone in a plastic bag,DOH. Anyway whhere's the fix for these no use to anyone if they don't work phones?

View more options
tinajone

I think the best ringtone is Despacito, it's great to own this ringtone, you should see it once.

View more options
Dave_Tee

Works for me - Many thanks

View more options
spotbot1

Vodafone have known about this problem since 2014 but have yet to rectify it. The problem started after a software update and has nothing to do with Zedge or damage of any kind. They obviously seem to think if they ignore it long enough it will go away, well it hasn't but no doubt all the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 phones have, i.e. into the bin, like mine.

View more options