Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart V8 tap to wake gone

iainmann
9: Established

My Vodafone Smart V8 has just updated to Android 7.1.1 Build VFD-710_MRB00 and the double-tap to wake feature has gone.

It was in the Display settings on the previous firmware version, which was loaded out of the box.

Why has it been disabled and please bring it back. It worked well with no noticeable battery drain or other problems. 

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Unfortunately firmware updates can remove features as well as introduce new features as well as bug fixes.

Have you checked in other settings within the phone just in case it's been moved to another section ?

The Vodafone Social Media Team here read All posts so I'm sure your. Opinion will be fed back. 

I hope some future update that's pushed out will either return the feature now missing or add a feature that directly replaces it. I've no idea really as to why it would have been removed. 

I'm not aware of any apps etc that you could use from PlayStore to help with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks.

No, the setting hasn't moved...it's gone!

Let's hope it returns. 

Solution: Return the phone with the update - Voda has 30 days return policy - and get a new phone without the update. 

Then say No to update :Smiling: 

Let's hope they update the update with a return for double-tap to wake. 

hrym

That assume firstly that the OP has had the phone for less than 30 days and secondly that a replacement wouldn't come with 7.1 installed.   I agree that it's likely that, in a short timescale, it would probably be the same stock, but you can't be sure.

I must say I'm surprised the feature has been removed - some manufacturers have it, some don't - but the have it then remove it does seem perverse.

iainmann
9: Established

Well, blow me down. There's a new software update for the phone.....and double tap to wake has returned. 

If anyone else is interested in this, it back in Settings > Display.

Woopeedoop. Thank you ZTE. Thank you Vodafone.