cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart X9 display is cream not white - is this adjustable or a fault?

JakeS77
3: Seeker

The display on my just purchased Vodafone Smart X9 is cream rather than white. This is offputting when viewing black and white photos on websites - which now  look sepia -  and the background on webpages is cream too which is annoying.

The attached photo is a comparison between the X9 on the left and a Lenovo S5 on the right. I overrode the adaptive lighting to turn up the brightness to maximum but it still stays cream. Night view is off too.

There don't seem to be any settings that can change the colour balance to correct this.  Any ideas - or should I send the phone back??

9 REPLIES 9

hrym
17: Community Champion

That doesn't sound right at all.  Are you able to drop into a Vodafone shop and compare one of their examples?

I don't think they'll be able to do an exchange for you, but they may be able to help with the return process.

BandOfBrothers

Some phones have a warmer screen than others and can differ from the same model to another.

If your unhappy with the phone then I'd suggest to act within the initial 30 days of ownership to ask for a replacement. 

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat can do this for you.

Phones supplied directly by a Vodafone Highstreet Store can be swapped out in house.

Hopefully the next one will be of a better balance to your eyes. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for the info

JakeS77

Here are some more screenshots - the Vodafone X9 display looks very cream in colour  compared to the Lenovo K5 which shows the display as white in  each photo.

IMG_20190204_183617.jpgIMG_20190204_183753.jpgIMG_20190204_183829.jpg

this photo shows how a black and white photo looks on the  Vodaphone  X9compared to another phone - it looks sepia (the X9 is at the bottom of the picture)Vodafone x9 v Lenovo S5  4.jpg

I've checked it against a Huawei phone and the Huawei display is white but the Vodafone is cream

hrym

You really need to compare another example of the same model.  If there's a difference, yours may be faulty.   If not, it's just a factor of the design, I'm afraid.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It's not acceptable quality for it to show black and white photos on websites as black and cream!!!

hrym

It certainly sounds like a fault, but this can be verified by comparing it with another example.   If you drop into a Vodafone shop, you'll be able to do this and the staff will also be able to help you with the repair process if appropriate.