Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Wallet - cards are not updating after SIM swap

sirgader
4: Newbie

Hi! I have had to swap SIM cards and tried to re-install Vodafone Wallet. I managed to get it reinstalled, but I am stuck for over 24h on the following screen, that shows the card is being updated (BTW there is a typo in the app message). It is relevant to all cards I have previously added. Any suggestions?

Thanks!Screenshot_2017-12-13-08-53-22.png

5 REPLIES 5

SimonWilding
16: Advanced member

Hi, I cant see the image but the first and obvious thing to double check (and I can speak from personal experience) is the new SIM an NFC one? You can tell it is if it has a wifi-like symbol on it, something like ))))

As I found out a couple of weeks ago they don't automatically swap one NFC SIM with another one, you have to ask for one.

I spent 4 days trying to finalise wallet set up before I found out that was the problem.

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

hrym
17: Community Champion

There was a similar issue recently.   After much discussion, it turned out that the new SIM wasn't an NFC one.   Is yours?  If it is, there should be the wifi symbol on the carrier card.  NFC SIMs are only issued if you specifically ask for one.

Edited to add: ah, I see @SimonWilding and I were typing the same thing at the same time!

SimonWilding

We were, and the person with that issue was me! :Laughing_Face:

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

Yes, SIM is NFC - I have asked for one and checked it has wireless symbol on it. From what I remember, when I did not have NFC SIM I simply saw error message when opening app.

hrym

It's a while since I transferred Wallet to a new device, but I remember it took about 24 hours to complete properly.   It seems to have to de-register from the old SIM/device first.

This is a difficult one to debug without account access, but in the first instance, could you try removing and then re-installing the app - if you haven't already.   If there's a blockage in the data stream, that might kick-start it.

If you've already done this, or it doesn't work, drop a note back here and the forum team will pick up the thread in due course.   They can contact you privately to get account access and get you sorted.   In theory, the frontline customer service people can offer support, but they don't get many Wallet queries and seem generally to hit a brick wall.