main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Android

Vodafone Wallet removal

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
3: Seeker

With the impending closure of Vodafone Wallet I have removed the Wallet app from my phone (Vodafone Smart Ultra 6) and installed Google Pay. Now when I use my phone to pay contactlessly sometimes I get a confirmation that I have paid via Google Pay, but sometimes I get no confirmation and when I check my bank statement it still says I have paid via Vodafone. According to Google Pay customer support Pay is set up correctly, and according to Vodafone Wallet customer support my Wallet account has been closed down. I can't see how, if my account has been closed down, transactions can still be coming into my bank account as Vodafone unless there is still some residual element of Wallet residing on my phone / SIM which is getting in the way. Has anyone else encountered this problem and identified a solution?

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

I believe that Vodafone Pay (the part of the system that activates the payment from the card stored in Wallet) puts a token on your NFC SIM.  That may be what's confusing the system.   In the information on the closure of Wallet, it mentions that this will be removed when Wallet closes so, as AnnS says, your bank statement should then report correctly.

View solution in original position

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

When I delete an app from my Samsung Galaxy s8 phone I first go into Settings _ Apps _ the app I want to delete _ storage _ And delete the cache and data that's built up from usage. 

If this was my phone I would download it again if possible and try following what I do @chrismca

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @chrismca

As well as deleting the application from your phone, you will also need to delete from the Play Store.

Wallet is not closing until 28th June and you should find it sorts itself out when Wallet is closed.  Until closure Wallet data will still be stored on your SIM and this should be something Customer Services will be able to delete. If this cannot be done, you may find a replacement SIM card will solve the problem of data being picked up as a payment made using Wallet.  

There is further information on the link below.

Vodafone Wallet

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

Thanks for the responses BandofBrothers and AnnS. I've re-installed then done a "force stop" of Wallet - app data indicated no stored data after the stop so uninstalled it again from within Settings (rather than drag-and-dropping it from the home screen - don't know if that makes a difference). I'll see if that has done the trick.

If it hasn't I would suspect the deletion of Wallet data from the RFD SIM described by AnnS has failed, so it'll be a trip to my local Vodafone store to get them to provide me with a "clean" SIM.

View more options
Highlighted

I believe that Vodafone Pay (the part of the system that activates the payment from the card stored in Wallet) puts a token on your NFC SIM.  That may be what's confusing the system.   In the information on the closure of Wallet, it mentions that this will be removed when Wallet closes so, as AnnS says, your bank statement should then report correctly.

View solution in original position

View more options