Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone X9 - Problem downloading music from laptop

blackshuck
4: Newbie

Was recently ripping CDs on my laptop & then synching them to the SD card in my Vodafone X9 using Windows media player .

Was going OK until one CD ( & all subsequent ones ) failed to synch - & got a message saying there was an unspecified problem

- I thought that the issue was with my laptop , but I tried synching the same CD to the SD card in my wife's Smart Ultra 6 & that worked fine .

Windows media player seems to recognise the SD card in my X9 OK - seems strange that it was working one minute & then not the next .

Tried 2 different cables , but both the same - could it be an issue with the settings on my X9 , or maybe an issue developed with the SD card itself ?

Anyone got any ideas ?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Maybe carrying out troubleshooting such as clearing the players files i.e caches,  and then try re hooking up.

Check the phones connectivity settings that it's still set to something similar to allow file transfer via your data cable.

Or maybe even use another programme to drag the music across from your computer to the phone @blackshuck 

If you Google Search you may come across other posts or tech sites advising of alternative tips when something like this occurs.

Worth a shot. :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

Personally, I don't realy on syncing services, but simply copy the required files manually.   You can do this with a cable or a 3rd party file manager app and a shared folder on the pc.

blackshuck
4: Newbie

Plugged my phone SD card directly into my laptop & synched my ripped CDs to it no problem - issue must be with phone settings 

( can't see anything wrong ) or software ?

Still can't sync ripped CD mp3's from my laptop to the SD card while mounted in the phone , but works fine if I plug the same SD card direct into the laptop .

Anyone got any ideas ???

hrym

I suspect the problem is that you're effectively looking at an external drive (the sd card in the phone) connected another external drive (the phone connected to the pc).   It's probably not possible.   I'd rip to the computer then copy to the phone by either of the methods I described above.