Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone X9 won't find 5Ghz wifi

Tobodestroyer
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I'm loving my Vodafone X9 but I can't get it to discover my 5Ghz Vodafone Broadband Wifi. Wifi is all set up and running as other devices are connected to it but my X9 simply doesn't see the 5Ghz as an option. Is ths handset compatible with 5Ghz? 

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The phone specs are gsmarena.com/vodafone_smart_x9.  which shows your phone has Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, which going by What-does-wifi-802-11-b-g-n-mean its supports 5ghz.

Try forgetting the network in your wifi settings in the phone and reset up the connection hopefully when it sees the 2.4ghz and 5ghz connections it shows. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

That's good to know. All I need to do now is work out why the 5Ghz wifi is not showing up. Is the handset fussy about which channel the 5Ghz is on? Currently channel 36. 

Have you successfully split the frequencies in your router and named the frequencies so you know which one to choose.

Do other devices see the two options to connect to ?

Current Phone  >

To add yes it could be beneficial to choose different channels. A less busy one  

It can be trial and error.

Current Phone  >

I've tried all channels including Auto but still nothing. Has anyone else managed to connect their X9 to 5GHZ?