Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone phone repair service is atrocious

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone had good experince with the vodafone phone repair service?

I sent my phone in on Friday because the home button has stopped working, today they told me that there was physical damage due to pressure on the button. I have only had the phone for less then a year and is covered by Huawei warranty. They have asked £180 for the repair so I have declined it told them to send it back. It is absurd that they charge so much for a button, when replacement parts can be had for less then £10 . When asked for proof of damage they said they cannot provide it. After this contract I will definitely be leaving vodafone after being with them for the last 5 years.

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous

Don't take the phone into Vodafone for a repair, they are limited to what can be done under warranty. Much better to contact the manufacturer direct, they will be able to be much more sympathetic towards the phone fault.  

You can contact Huawei here: Huawei Support Further information from Huawei here: Huawei Contact Us

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous I'm sorry to hear the phone isn't covered under warranty for this fault, I understand how unsatisfying this may be. A repair quote is always provided based on the work that needs to be completed, to fix the problem. If you'd like to go to Huawei directly, they'll be able to assist you further and give you a second opinion. 

hrym

If you do go to Huawei, don't mention that Vodafone have previously refused a repair as they may then say that the warranty has been declared invalid.   Let them draw their own conclusions.  Manufacturers impose strict conditions on what 3rd party repairers can do under warranty (as @AnnS has said) and this includes anything that might be interpreted as damage, even if it isn't.