Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone settings and Apps update on P20 Pro

Ifangriffiths
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a new P20 Pro and every now and then the update screen appears telling me I have Vodafone settings and Apps update, but I have no option to install it. Please help as I believe this is stopping me sending MMS..

Attached are screen shoots from main update screen and the Vodafone settings specific screen. 

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Ifangriffiths

Try texting WEB to 40127, this will update your network settings on the SIM and stop the notifications.  Further information for you here: How do I set up my phone for internet access and picture messaging (MMS)?

As far as sending MMS is concerned, this will need to be provisioned on your account.  If you use live chat or call Vodafone, they will be able to do this for you.  Alternatively, use an application or send as email where the file size is not limited and the charge will come out of your data allowance.

@Ifangriffiths

If you have contacted Vodafone to have MMS provisioned on your account, follow the link below.  MMS also needs to be sent over the network using a mobile date connection.

How do I send picture and video messages?

Did that received reply and accepted changes. 

And still won’t send a MMS 

hrym

You'll need to speak to Customer Services (191 or Live Chat) and ask for MMS to be provisioned on your account.

Done still not working.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Ifangriffiths If your MMS still isn't working after completing the above, we'll need to have a further look into this with you. 

Please contact us directly using the link in my private message.

If you need to send pictures in the meantime, you could always use third party apps such as Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp.