main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Android

Vodafone start

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
13: Advanced Member

Hi I have factory reset my device to try and sort errors 

But I am getting bombarded by Vodafone start notifications so I tried the clear badge which works for a while but then starts again 

As I have reset my device so I am trying to avoid starting apps that I don't use and start is one of them on top of that you have to accept terms 

So I don't want to accept something I don't need especially terms 

Is there any way I can avoid having to start it.?

It seems strange to me were you are given a choice to accept terms or not but then as far as I can see the only way to stop the notifications is to start it

Sorry for the moaning but 2 weeks on its diving me nuts.

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

Hi @DRUIDDOODE

If you don't want Vodafone Start, once you have installed the parts of the application you do want, the My Vodafone Application being one of the essential applications, you can try uninstalling from Applications, even if you have a branded phone, this may work by going into your applications. 

Once you have agreed to the T & C's it should stop bothering you.  However, you may find your internet home page changed to Start, this is easily solved by changing the home page on your internet settings, I always like to have www.google.com as my home page.

View more options
4 REPLIES

Your not he first to not be happy with that app. Its integrated into the phone as you have a branded s7 variant of phone. 

My thoughts are >

See if you can force stop it. 

Consider a package disabler from the Play store. Just be careful what you disable. 

If you perform a search on the Community Forum @DRUIDDOODE you'll come across similar threads with Maybe further advice in them. 

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options

Hi @DRUIDDOODE

If you don't want Vodafone Start, once you have installed the parts of the application you do want, the My Vodafone Application being one of the essential applications, you can try uninstalling from Applications, even if you have a branded phone, this may work by going into your applications. 

Once you have agreed to the T & C's it should stop bothering you.  However, you may find your internet home page changed to Start, this is easily solved by changing the home page on your internet settings, I always like to have www.google.com as my home page.

View more options

What version of Android are you on? I am on 7.1 and if I go settings.....apps.....start I can block notifications for the app, try the same?

Vodafone Smart V8 VFD-710, Android Version - 7.1.1

Last Update 17.11.17, 

Build- VFD-710_MRB01-3, 

Baseband- P840V70801

Kernel - 3.18.31-perf
Apex Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history:

Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac

View more options

Thanks for answers

I did try that to turn notifications off but it some how bypasses it 

I've got a S7 edge updated to latest version of nougat 

View more options