Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone start

DRUIDDOODE
13: Advanced Member

Hi I have factory reset my device to try and sort errors 

But I am getting bombarded by Vodafone start notifications so I tried the clear badge which works for a while but then starts again 

As I have reset my device so I am trying to avoid starting apps that I don't use and start is one of them on top of that you have to accept terms 

So I don't want to accept something I don't need especially terms 

Is there any way I can avoid having to start it.?

It seems strange to me were you are given a choice to accept terms or not but then as far as I can see the only way to stop the notifications is to start it

Sorry for the moaning but 2 weeks on its diving me nuts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @DRUIDDOODE

If you don't want Vodafone Start, once you have installed the parts of the application you do want, the My Vodafone Application being one of the essential applications, you can try uninstalling from Applications, even if you have a branded phone, this may work by going into your applications. 

Once you have agreed to the T & C's it should stop bothering you.  However, you may find your internet home page changed to Start, this is easily solved by changing the home page on your internet settings, I always like to have www.google.com as my home page.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers

Your not he first to not be happy with that app. Its integrated into the phone as you have a branded s7 variant of phone. 

My thoughts are >

See if you can force stop it. 

Consider a package disabler from the Play store. Just be careful what you disable. 

If you perform a search on the Community Forum @DRUIDDOODE you'll come across similar threads with Maybe further advice in them. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @DRUIDDOODE

If you don't want Vodafone Start, once you have installed the parts of the application you do want, the My Vodafone Application being one of the essential applications, you can try uninstalling from Applications, even if you have a branded phone, this may work by going into your applications. 

Once you have agreed to the T & C's it should stop bothering you.  However, you may find your internet home page changed to Start, this is easily solved by changing the home page on your internet settings, I always like to have www.google.com as my home page.

SimonWilding
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

What version of Android are you on? I am on 7.1 and if I go settings.....apps.....start I can block notifications for the app, try the same?

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

Thanks for answers

I did try that to turn notifications off but it some how bypasses it 

I've got a S7 edge updated to latest version of nougat