Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone wallet

dscott2701
9: Established

I tried to set up Vodafone wallet and it keeps saying I need a phone compatible with NFC when I try to add my cards. I have a NFC compatible phone and the shop give me a NFC SIM card and done a SIM card swap does anyone know what is up with it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Glad that helped :Smiling:

I wouldn't think a Nfc sim card will interfere.

The phones inbuilt option coupled with Android Pay should take over. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

BandOfBrothers

Hi @dscott2701

Is your phone compatible as per the guidelines in the following thread > Is-my-smartphone-compatible-with-Vodafone-Wallet.

"Then follow the simple set-up process, you will need to be connected to the Vodafone network with a good 3G or 4G signal so that we can create your personal Wallet account"

From > How-do-I-set-up-contactless-payments-with-Vodafone-Wallet.

Current Phone  >

That link give me the answer. My phone is a dual SIM phone which it says that the Duel SIM phones are not compatible. I'm getting a new phone next year so I guess on order to use the Vodafone wallet I will have to wait until then. 

The only concern I do have is will the Vodafone NFC SIM provide any interference with me using the phones inbuilt NFC for android pay because I intend to use android pay for the time being.

BandOfBrothers

Glad that helped :Smiling:

I wouldn't think a Nfc sim card will interfere.

The phones inbuilt option coupled with Android Pay should take over. 

Current Phone  >

Thanks for your help. I hope you and your family had a great Christmas and a happy new year. Once again thank you.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome and I'm sure you'll be happy with Android Pay.

I use that option very regularly and have no issues. 

Christmas was great thank you. Family time is very important. 

Have a great New Year too. 

Current Phone  >

How do i delete a loyalty card from my Vodafone Wallet

Hi Jane,

open the wallet app and touch the "loyalty" tab at the top. Then touch the card you want to remove then in the top right corner touch the pencil "edit" icon then finally, again in the top right hand corner, touch the "trash can" icon to delete the card. 

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

AnnS

Hi @dscott2701

The reason you are receiving that message is due to the SIM swap.  Your card details are with the previous SIM card this means you will need to deregister from the previous SIM and reregister for the new SIM.  You will probably need to delete the application from the phone and Play Store. This is for your security and to prevent fraud in the case of unauthorised SIM change.

There is a help section in the Wallet Application but this will also be something live chat will be able to help.

If you are intending to transfer to Andoid Pay, you will need to download the Application from the Play Store, and register your cards.  It is advisable to also delete the Wallet Application from your phone and the Play Store if no longer needed.

The message remained no matter what I did like I say i have a dual SIM phone which is incompatible. Unfortunate but I have to accept that. I'm just going to have to use android pay.